Author Topic: Aeries' BSG Mod Pack  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Aeries' BSG Mod Pack
« on: September 24, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »
SURPRISE!

Originally designed as a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire (and possibly Homeworld 2?) I've decided that after all this time, I should give something back to the BC community as well. This mod will incorporate many of my own designs as well as, I hope, the entirety of the cannon BSG military ships. For the sake of the BC variant of this mod, however, some ships will be removed due to space and additionally, their lack of purpose in the BC game. Unlike the SOASE variant, this mod will also incorporate more ships that I'm not able to add otherwise. The mark VII viper is one such example.

At the moment, I have the following in mind for SOASE. Red is incomplete, green is complete, and items in blue will not be added for BC:

Strike Craft:
-Fighters: Viper Mk2 (model completed, pics posted)
-Bombers: Raptor (missile-pod variant) (model completed, pics posted)

Frigates:
-Scout: Raptor (No-weapons-pod variant) (model completed, pics posted)
-Light Frigate: unnamed ship (model completed, pics posted)

-Assault Frigate: No design yet
-Siege Frigate: Planetary Bombardment Craft (PBC) (model completed, no pics posted yet)
-Anti-Strike Frigate: Colonial Defender (model completed, pics not posted yet)
-Colony Frigate: No design yet

Cruisers:
-Squadron Support Cruiser: No design yet
-Offensive Support Cruiser: No design yet
-Defensive Support Cruiser: No design yet
-Heavy Combat Cruiser: Original Battlestar Valkyrie (model completed, pics posted)
-Anti-Structure Cruiser: No design yet
-Starbase Construction Cruiser: No design yet

Capital Ships:
-Battleship: Battlestar Galactica (completed, pics posted)
-Carrier: Battlestar Tunguska (completed, pics posted)

-Mothership: No design yet
-Support Ship: Refit Battlestar Valkyrie (completed, pics posted)
-Heavy Assault Ship: Battlestar Pegasus (compelted, pics posted)

--

As you can see, not everything has hit the drawing board yet, but it only takes me a couple hours to  model each ship, so I'm sure it won't be long before I conjure something up to fill each roll. I'm no mapper and my texturing skills leave a great deal to be desired, so it could be a little bit before I can begin those stages of development (Although I've already begun the texturing stage for the light frigate, as a sort of test-bed.) These models are very optimized by my standards. Not a single model exceeds or even comes remotely close to 20,000 polies. I believe the largest at the moment is 12k.

Pics of the models completed thus far:

Unnamed Light Frigate:

Colonial Viper (Mk2)

Colonial Raptors (both variants)

Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Pegasus

Battlestar Valkyrie

Battlestar Valkyrie Refit

Battlestar Tunguska

~~Will post more later on tonight. The SOASE version of this mod may be followed on sci-fi meshes.~~

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
Re: Aeries' BSG Mod Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
I just got done baking a cookie for you from the hotness of this alone. XD

Offline markeno

• aka Muldrf
  • Cookies: 0
    • UU
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
Oddly I just saw you thread at scifimeshes today and was thinking they would be cool to see in other engines than Sins.  There really isn't enough BSG content out there for my tastes, and this is looking cool.
aka Muldrf

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »
so, obviously this is for Galactica 2.0 (B5 syndrome version)? *shrugs* well, as long as I can get a viper.  I grew up on 1.0 (Barney syndrome version), so 2.0 seemed to B5ish to me.  hope you make a kick butt package.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »
It's about time that you got SOMETHING almost BC ready. :angel

Looks great Aeries, have a cookie!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 02:20:09 AM »
Very cool!  It will be nice to have an entire package by one designer that encompasses the BSG section of SF.  [hint]Perhaps it's also time to have a complete Battlestar CnC for a bridge mod![/hint]

Offline Aeries

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 03:11:37 AM »
[hint]Perhaps it's also time to have a complete Battlestar CnC for a bridge mod![/hint]

I'd be happy to model it, maybe texture, but the rest is up to whomever else wants to contribute.

Thanks for the praise, guys. :]

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 05:04:33 AM »
I'd be happy to model it, maybe texture, but the rest is up to whomever else wants to contribute.

Thanks for the praise, guys. :]
Count me in ;) I've just nearly completed my BSG redress of TNG Miranda bridge so I have plenty of displays and other textures ;)

Offline Aeries

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »
Bottom line is that it's highly unlikely that a bridge would come to this mod. Personally I find that most retextured bridges just don't work out well for something like this mod... there's simply too much that's different.

Anyway, I've been plucking at texturing this all night. Limey's working on remapping her, but I wanted to get some practice in...

And only now, do I remember that bump mapping isn't supported in BC... fml.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 02:13:03 AM »
This is real good work dude.

Very, very nice.

Cookie

Offline Aeries

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 03:44:39 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Many thanks to Limey, I've finished retexturing her over the past few hours. Limey was kind enough to re-do my crap mapping. Hope you all like it. C&C appreciated!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 03:57:39 AM »
Oh she's hot ! I would weather her armor plates a bit more for more depth ;)

Cookied !!!

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
She's a beaut Aeries, if you can work out how to add some weathering, she'll look brilliant. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline DMWalsh79

• Cookies: 8
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »
definite cookie!  I was hoping someone would get around to doing another of these.  Will the battlestars have missiles?
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends" W.B. Yeats

"When one is dealing with monsters, He must take care not to become one himself" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Aeries

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »
definite cookie!  I was hoping someone would get around to doing another of these.  Will the battlestars have missiles?

As surely as I have an ego.

Offline DMWalsh79

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
Sweet!  That was the one thing lacking in the old pack...
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends" W.B. Yeats

"When one is dealing with monsters, He must take care not to become one himself" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Aeries

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
She's a beaut Aeries, if you can work out how to add some weathering, she'll look brilliant. :)

I've dirtied it up a bit. Is this sufficient?

Offline DMWalsh79

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »
cookie again!  Looking good can't wait to see 'em when they're finished.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 08:59:37 PM »
didnt get into BSG (the "new" series)... but i do love what im seeing  :D
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »
That's a lot better, but think about the alignment of the plating, and the direction that the debris that's damaging it is coming from. Also, think about the size of the metal plates, the thickness they'd be. It's getting there, but it needs a little more refinement.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!