Author Topic: TWOK bridge - Release xmas 2010  (Read 14511 times)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
Re: TMP Bridge - Twok layout
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2010, 06:34:38 AM »
I am going to release this bridge with a open policy for anyone wanting to use the animations elsewhere.  Also I can for see more bridges in the future with new animations so Luroks crew moving method as a gateway to other new bridges from other people.

I will also do a tutorial at the end on how to do them from scratch. The main problem people will encounter is only Max 3.1 can be used for Bridges.

So you'll need to look around all the old dusty software shops to try and find one. Alternativly ask someone who has it nicely to convert the bridge to NIF and use Luroks method.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2010, 05:52:35 PM »
Second extra animated and working, though think it needs some tweaking.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2010, 07:10:28 PM »
does the animation actually go up and down stairs??  i dont recall ever seeing that for crew animations for BC?
i think the most ive seen is an extra character walking to a console and sitting in the chair (and then getting up from the chair and leaving the bridge), but i dont think ive ever seen them step up or down?

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2010, 07:49:39 PM »
does the animation actually go up and down stairs??  i dont recall ever seeing that for crew animations for BC?
i think the most ive seen is an extra character walking to a console and sitting in the chair (and then getting up from the chair and leaving the bridge), but i dont think ive ever seen them step up or down?

The crew on STIII BoP bridge walk down stairs  :)   But yeah, it is unusual.  Knowing Baz, he probably has animated steps walk...

Offline baz1701

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2010, 04:23:12 AM »
yes she steps down the side of the helm platform and climbs the steps near her control pad. I'm suprised it is not been used more.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2010, 06:38:12 AM »
might have been perceived as too hard to pull off.  after all, how long has it been since anyone's regularly done bridge sets since you two started the revival ?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2010, 07:45:22 AM »
I'm suprised it is not been used more.
to be honest, it might just very well be and ive really not taken notice lol

might have been perceived as too hard to pull off.
nah, i most likely just didnt notice lol that, and it has been a long while since i fired up BC...  working feverishly on my section of DS9E kinda burnt me out for BC for a while, tho im sure ill pick up BC again at some point soon...  once im done unpacking from moving into the new apartment and everything  lol

after all, how long has it been since anyone's regularly done bridge sets since you two started the revival ?
almost 3 years i think?  3rd era released a bunch on Xmas of 2007 but i dont think any new bridges have been done since...

Offline baz1701

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2010, 08:10:28 AM »
Jimmy is right not hard to do. Max creates the foot steps just a case of laying out the path for the biped. Mostly rotation but you move it up of down the y axis to climb or decend.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2010, 08:32:04 AM »
Could do it like World of Warcraft, where you're floating three inches off the ground when you walk up a staircase. *chuckles*
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline baz1701

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »
Here are my first attempts at uniforms.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »
I'd say they look  good , people are so nitpicky.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline baz1701

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2010, 07:27:03 PM »
I have been playing with bridge mutators the last few days so that you can have the proper Enterprise crew but not over write the stock characters.

I have had some success using the Twok crew pack from BC-files (only temp) with the uniforms I made. I cannot seem to get the extras to work but this is a problem for tomorrow.

I want the player to be Kirk and will convert Saffi to Uhura, and with an luck activate the guest to be McCoy.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »
looking for help.

I can make the stock crew change heads, and textures but the extras are not playing ball.

Code: [Select]
App.g_kModelManager.LoadModel(CharacterPaths.g_pcBodyNIFPath + "BodygalMaleM/BodygalMaleM.nif", "Bip01")
App.g_kModelManager.LoadModel(CharacterPaths.g_pcHeadNIFPath + "HeadPicard/Picard_head.nif", None)
pENRMaleExtra1 = App.CharacterClass_Create(CharacterPaths.g_pcBodyNIFPath + "BodygalMaleM/BodygalMaleM.nif", CharacterPaths.g_pcHeadNIFPath + "HeadPicard/Picard_head.nif")
pENRMaleExtra1.ReplacgalodyAndHead(CharacterPaths.g_pcBodyTexPath + "BodyMaleM/TWOKFedTeal_body.tga", CharacterPaths.g_pcHeadTexPath + "HeadPicard/galMale_ensignA_head.tga")

I know the texture works as Chekov (felix) uses the same one.

If any one can review the scripts below and give me some pointers that will be great as other than fixing animation errors I have wasted nearly two days trying to get them to wear the same TWOK uniforms as the stock crew.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
hold on - why are you changing the EF2 Crew?

Offline baz1701

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »
I will use the default models when I have the texture swapping working for all models. The current TOS crew are place holders.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2010, 08:35:01 PM »
ok - only reason i ask is because LC wont allow any releases by anyone to alter the EF2 Crew; and it might be easier and make more sense just to redo the stock characters...
(tho im sure you were already aware of all that lol)

Offline baz1701

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2010, 06:47:29 AM »
I was not planning on altering the models just textures.

I decided not to add this feature and will release with the crew as is.

I am now looking at the condition lighting for yello and red alerts.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2010, 09:43:14 AM »
I was not planning on altering the models just textures.

LC doesn't allow texture edits either. Personal experience.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline baz1701

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »
Was going to make my own but as I have drop that option does not matter now anyways :)

Anyone with film 4 can check the real thing out as TWOK on at 19.00. Alas the wife wants to watch X factor (UK american Idol) so I can't watch it.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »
Bridge nearly ready for beta testing.

Have yellow and red alerts working.

For yellow alert I have used the blue lighting scheme from TSFS from the docking scene.

I have a bug in that the chair from science sometimes flies over to the helm position, other than that it is looking in good shape