Author Topic: MVAM Torpedo Bug FIX  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Worf359Alpha

• Master HardPointer, Novice Scripter!
  • Cookies: 14
  • Peace Thru Superior Firepower
MVAM Torpedo Bug FIX
« on: October 10, 2010, 11:06:13 AM »
   God knows i cant Script for nothin, but i can HP with the best of them, and recently i began re-hardpointing my fleet. Like many of you out there im MVAM crazy, and have all the cool MVAM ships. Any one who has em knows about the torpedo bug that causes all your torpedos to drop to zero upon activating MVAM. Ive heard about a scripting Fix to the plugin from El and Jb06 but i have no idea how this works.  
   During my Hardpointing i have stumbled onto a HP Fix of sorts. With my MVAM ships like the Prometheus, LCTitan, and DJGalaxy, among others, i add multiple systems to the combined model, for instance the LCTitan will have in the hard point Phaser Sys A, Phaser Sys B, Torpedo Sys A, and Torpedo Sys B , but only one Sys would be Primary, so that when the ship seperated one would have Sys A, and the other would Have Sys B, and i make the subsystems targetable in the HP as that is my preferance, well when used in game the LCTitan will start combined with 200 torpedos, when seperated both the saucer section, and Drive Section will each have 100 torps, and when recombined it will have 200 torps again.
   I was amazed and began experimenting, no matter how many times i seperated the titan it always came back too 200 torps when recombined. The saucer section would have 100 torps, then 50, then 25, and so on, and the drive section would always have 100 torps no matter how many times MVAM was activated. So i redid the hardpoint for my DJGalaxy, same result!
It also works for ships like the MVAM Bird of Prey, the base model always comes back with all torpedos, as long as 2 Torpedo Sys propertys are installed with one as the Primary in the Hardpoint, i would still love to know how the Scripting Fix works but i thought i would share this.

Edit:    I just completed a new HP for the MVAM Prometheus and the results are fantastic, I added 3 Torpedo Weapon subsystems to the combined model, Torpedo Sys, Torpedo Sys B, and Torpedo Sys C then changed the name of the Torp sub sys on the saucer, dorsal, and ventral models to corispond with the appropriat names and then tested the Prommie, The combined model always had 200 torps, the saucer section always had 134 torps, the Dorsal section had 134, and the ventral always had 102 torps. I activated MVAM over a dozen times with no less then the above amount of torpedos each time, its not perfect but now the Prometheus can have a Torpedo system as was always intended.

Below is an example HP with multiple Systems for any one who might be interested.
500+ HardPointed Ships and counting! Man where do i find the time!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: MVAM Torpedo Bug FIX
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »
Sounds very impressive, might have to install BC again to try it out. :)

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: MVAM Torpedo Bug FIX
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »
Well done! Fantastic work, and Enterprising initiative! Yes... I did say that.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!