Author Topic: Before there was Bridge Commander...  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
Before there was Bridge Commander...
« on: October 16, 2010, 04:18:48 AM »
There were Micro Machines!!!!

Now keep In mind these have been In my possession ever since I was little and some didn't fair well than others..

Listed from front to back, and separated by era.

Apollo:
Lunar Excursion Module (LEM)

TOS:
K-7 Station

TMP:
U.S.S. Reliant
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A
U.S.S. Grissom
Spacedock Shuttle
D-7 K'Tinga Battlecrusier (Or what's left of It hehe)
U.S.S. Stargazer
Spacedock

TNG:
U.S.S. Saratoga
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C
U.S.S. Farragut
U.S.S. Voyager (excuse the black nacelles)
Generations Enterprise-D (The one that separated)
B'Rel Class Bird Of Prey (Multiple Configuration Wings)
U.S.S. Defiant
Borg Cube
What's left od DS9 LOL

And to the right are the star wars ones..
Super Star Destroyer
Star Flurry
Luke's Landspeeder
MC90 (Home One)
2 Star Destroyer Kitbashes
Death Star II

Then the alternate universes

Alien:
U.S.S. Sulaco
Ripley's ship ( Forgot It's name lol)

Starship Troopers:
Brain Bug with an Arkellian Sand Beetle carrying It
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
Re: Before there was Bridge Commander...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 06:27:58 AM »
Nawww, they are so cute!

I wish I had those.

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 06:57:34 AM »
Ripley's ship ( Forgot It's name lol)

That would be the Nastromo
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 07:34:21 AM »
I still got my tub full of them! And they are all in one piece after years and years of storage! Star Trek Micro Machines were soo hard to find. Luckily, I still have several deluxe and anniversary packs unopened at my parent's house ( which I need to go get ). Come to think of it, I believe I still have the gold and silver Star Trek Micro Machine packs somewhere. It has been years since I have seen them. I used to have little battles with them! Unfortunately, I lost the Rio Grande in the toilet a few years back. But I still got one in an unopened DS9 pack. I'll get back to ya on this when I go pick them up. Thanks for the reminder! My parents and grandparents bought me hundreds of them Trek Micro Machines. My parents took some of them away because I ended up choking on a warp engine I chewed off the Reliant ( I was 4, I chewed on toys ).
  Another memorable memory of these legendary plastic artifacts of 1990s childhood had to do with the Borg Cube from the 1993 TNG Edition pack, and my brother will always carry the scar on his head for this one. He was playing Doom on the old Packard Bell and I kept nagging him to play Star Trek with the Micro Machines. After a half hour of bugging him, he shoved me away and I hit the wall really hard. I just happened to have Micro Machine's most solid Star Trek figure, the Borg Cube. I threw the cube at him at point blank and hit him in the left temple of his head. He needed 5 stitches, and I got an ass whoopin for that. My parents decided to take my 'Micro Fleets" away from me. But my god, I loved and still love them things. For those who grew up in the 80s and 90s, Star Trek Micro Machines are a golden brick of childhood toy collections. And I thank the lord I still have them, for they are difficult to find. When my children want toys, I'll introduce them to Micro Machines, made back when good toys were made.

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 07:57:20 AM »
Before BC there was starfleet academy :arms:
Oh and klingon academy   :idk:
I miss :bigdance:

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 12:09:39 PM »
and my personal fav the 25th Annervsary game.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »
I have a few of the micro machines... and they're all still in the original packages.

And I too have fond memories of the 25th anniversary game... and it's precursor that came out a couple of years before that.

Man, am I that old  :eek

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 05:46:47 AM »
I have a good deal of the toys still, and I never owned nor played Klingon Academy, but I do have Starfleet Academy for Genesis 32x LOL

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 07:45:59 AM »
I played (and contributed a couple mods to) Klingon Academy eons ago...now I can't get the bloody thing to work on this computer. Damn Vista. *chuckles*

I had a box of Micro Machines with the NX-2000 Excelsior in it, I dunno where it is now...I also have a bunch of these little Furuta ships I bought at the Trek convention in Las Vegas, as well as four ships from Art Asylum (the battle-damaged NX-01; the battle-damaged 1701, which I got Walter Koenig to sign, lol; the 1701-A, whose non-display-stand battery cover I can't find ATM; and the 1701-E).
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 07:52:01 AM »
Man, I had a load of these, though they all went missing... Except for one. Kind of freaky, really, that the only one that survived (somewhat) was my silver TMP refit. I think I /had/ the cube at one point. I know I had the Excelsior (and even the refit, damn I loved that one), and even the Stargazer. The Vorcha didn't fare too well, as I think I broke the front end off once.

Oh, I had the separating Ent D too, I think I saw the saucer somewhere with the little knub still intact! I remember that one well because I was obsessed with the Type-6 that was bought for me on the same day.

I also had a larger mode (Which I had to hold with BOTH hands when it was new) that transformed into the AGT refit, the nacelles lit up with one of the buttons too (made the warp streak sound).

...I miss all of that stuff. I think they were what got me into the technical side of Trek, as they had little bio's about the ship on the back of the box.

Speaking of micro machines, anyone remember the Mega-Drive/Genesis game?  :funny

And Rifle... Do I even want to /ask/ how you lost a Danube (Know I had one of those, too!) in the toilet?  :rotflmfao:

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 08:50:42 PM »
Oh I got more, I just have to look for them I know I got the Excelsior, the Type 6, the Danube, I also have the AGT Galaxy that transformed, I also have the Playmates toys of the Sovereign, Generations Enterprise, Voyager, The Phoenix, and the Borg Sphere. And I also have the Playmates, TNG Tricorder, FC Phaser, TWOK Phaser, and Dr. McCoy's medical scanners and Laser Scalpel. XD

And I do remember the Micro Machines Game but I had It for the PS1 lol

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »
Wow...even I remember these babies...I can't find them all, but i used to have the TOS 1701, 1701-B, Generations Enterprise D, the silver addition Generations D along with it's pals (that includes the 1701 refit).  As far as other toys I had the Playmates TNG phaser and Tricorder for the longest as well as the Enterprise D (Which I ruined because I wanted to make the saucer separate....biggest mistake of my life).  I even had the Klingon Vor'cha from playmates (I think I STILL have it somewhere...)  God that brings me memories!!!  Playmates Shuttlecraft Goddard, transporter, and just about all the PM figurines....Memories...Damn, now I'm all Nostalgic :(  Thanks guys :P
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 08:21:13 AM »
How many remember the Dinky , enterptise1701, has plastic shuttle , and plastic [disk]torpedeos.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline UFR-Winter

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »
How many remember the Dinky , enterptise1701, has plastic shuttle , and plastic [disk]torpedeos.Posted by: tiqhud

Got mine still...it sits next my space 1999 eagle 1...god i had lost in a move the sto..bridge model...enterprise and klingon d7 ..the box was crushed...but i saved my spock ..lol...years later ate by a puppy...poor spock..

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
i only had the 1701-D and a borg cube..... but then again, i had those big toys, the D and Voyager... oh and a BOP. they were big, inaccurate and had crappy soundeffects. but i liked them :D

atm im making a AMT sovereign model.

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »
I friggin' love ship toys and roleplay props. I must take a shot of my whole collection all laid out.

I have most of the Micromachines you have [EDIT: looking at your collection again, it appears you have most of the ships I don't have!], plus:

From Playmates -
Ships:
The Enterprise-D (which I am in the process of refurbishing with new LEDs and intend to add the aztec as per the prototype model seen in the photos on the box), Romulan Warbird, Klingon Vor'Cha class Attack Cruiser, USS Voyager, "Enterprise-E" from First Contact (really a model of an un-used concept design by John Eaves) re-christened 'USS Serpent', Type 6 Shuttlecraft Goddard, USS Defiant, and the JJprise.
Roleplay:
2 x TNG type II phaser, TNG type I phaser (butt-ugly and over-sized), TNG Tricorder, TNG Medical Tricorder, FC Type II Phaser, INS Type II Phaser, STVI:TUC Assault Phaser, TOS Medical Scanner, TOS Anabolic Protoplaser, TNG Klingon Dk'tagh, STXI JJPhaser, STXI JJTricorder.

I also have a plethora of mainly TNG figures, but I've never been crazy about the action figure side of things. Ships and tech are where it's at! That said, my TNG Bridge Playset is pretty badass.

From Diamond Select Toys/Art Asylum -
Ships:
3 different Enterprises - the TOS, TWOK, and TNG Enterprise-D, plus a pre-order on the upcoming repaint of the Enterprise-E.
Roleplay:
TMP phaser (really cool!)

From miscellaneous manufacturers -
Ships:
An AMT Enterprise - A, a Hallmark Enteprise-E Christmas ornament, a customised Wesco Enteprise-E wall clock (A cast of the AMT model with a clock stuck into it), and a Revell Kazon Raider minikit, and a recent Ebay purchase of the Johnny Lightning Exploding USS Majestic - currently winging it's way Ireland-ward from the States, talk about an obscure toy!
Roleplay:
A TNG Type I Phaser (correct scale, formerly a keyring) of unknown origin, a recently-purchased TOS communicator key-ring with great sounds, a Burger-King kid's meal toy of a JJcommunicator - it says only "BEAMMEUP" really fast.

And probably a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten. Yes, I was spoiled as a kid. I still get value out of these, though - I play with them with my nephews all the time.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »
hm.  the only trek collectibles I picked up over the tears were paper ones.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
hm.  the only trek collectibles I picked up over the tears were paper ones.
COOKIE!
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.