Author Topic: Star Fleet Research & Development Star Ship Design Contest  (Read 927 times)

Offline bankruptstudios

• Cookies: 60
  • Xander = Host, Co-Host, Producer and Editor
    • Holo Suite Magazine
Star Fleet Research & Development Star Ship Design Contest
« on: October 30, 2010, 09:37:20 AM »
Greetings all. In light of our upcoming first anniversary, Star Fleet R&D wants to give back to the community.
After much thought, we have come up with a great idea to give back to you all for all the support over this year, and to promote our new Forum as well.
If this goes well, hopefully this will be the first of many to come.

Have you ever wanted to design a ship, or have you designed it, but don't have the modeling skills to make her in 3D? Or have you ever tried and gave up? Maybe our modders didn't want to build her?

Well my friends, you're in luck!

http://startrekfrontlines.lefora.com/

Check out or Design Contest here:
http://startrekfrontlines.lefora.com/2010/10/30/star-fleet-r-d-star-ship-design-contest/#post0

Start up your own Design WIP's topic here:
http://startrekfrontlines.lefora.com/forum/category/recreation-new-designs/

Good luck :thumbsup:

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
Re: Star Fleet Research & Development Star Ship Design Contest
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »
After some talks, we have decided to drop the (- Only people who have never modeled before are invited to submit their ship concept (if you can/have model/ed this contest is not for you - you can build your own) rule. We are now opining it to  everyone. It was also purposed that we lift the medical requirement, but we will still keep it as to keep the playing field level. There are so few Med ship, and every body loves to make combat, and soon we will have a contest for one, but test out and learn new skills making a Med ship.

We accept and 2d format you want to use. If you want to hand draw, or use a paint program. Good luck to all and see links above. :thumbsup:

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 12:50:49 PM »
*chuckle* i didn't even notice that "medical requirement".  a long time ago, I kitbashed a daedalus into the Hermes class (before I knew about the one-nacelle jobbies) that I intended to make into the "Mercy" (inspired by, of course, the olympic class Pastuer).  i've recently located the proper model and its Oberth-ish variant.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »
Cool :thumbsup:

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
Med ships only?  Drat, that rules out my Endor-class.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »
I plan an open contest for January. But there is still time, its not hard to draw a new design on paper and enter it. :thumbsup:

Offline Oroka

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 01:31:08 PM »
Ohhhh, I have a design I have had kicking around since First Contact came out.  It is something of a Nemesis analogue to the Miranda class in TMP (saucer, 2 engines, minimal secondary hull), but it is not a modern Miranda, just same concept.  I call it the Essex class, it is a Cruiser, with 2 reconfigurable roll bar pods, the roll bars can be removed if not needed.

I will get working on a digital version of the ship for modeling.  I wish I knew how to to 3d modeling... I know I could do it, I just dont know where to start.

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:09:53 AM »
Sounds like you got some good ideas there. Be sure to sign up to enter, :thumbsup: