Author Topic: (POLL) New bridge like to see in BC...  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
(POLL) New bridge like to see in BC...
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:05:42 PM »
With all the recent bridge activity and Christmas releases, thought be fun/timely for new poll.  With anim breakthroughs Baz has made and shared, and Blackrook and Bones back on scene, seems practically any bridge now feasible...given time, lol.  So curious what BC community would consider ultimate missing bridge like to see.  Ones I can think of are obvious canon bridges missing, so curious if others I've missed.

I'm going to discount a couple straight off as already-WIPs:  so for example the various TMP-movie era fed bridges and JJ Ent, as Baz already working on these.    And I think the Constellation/DS9 Saratoga etc bridges are more redresses than brand new bridges.  But if wrong, be happy to be put right  :)

Still leaves a lot of other options.  All interesting comments welcome.  But don't turn it into a bridge request thread or Jimmy's wrath will descend  :D   And can we avoid turning it into bridge-bashing thread and/or arguments over various merits or demerits of existing bridges?   Thanks.

BC as we know has a few 'lost' bridges shame never made ingame, and there are several interesting concept/other game bridges that could be adapted.   Here's a few...

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Ultimate new bridge like to see (POLL)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:09:24 PM »
I can't think how to answer the poll.  if there IS an olympic bridge in the offing, let's get Blackrook to make the uniforms :P

one thing you DID forget is the TOS bridge(s).  the last version i had I can't find anymore.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:39:23 PM »
I voted for the Delta Flyer.  FTW baby! :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »
Valdore, we need more rommies
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »
oh how i wish we could have a Nova bridge...
but the damned ambient red alert flashing issue, how i wish that could be solved also lol

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »
I personally would like to see a Jem'Hadar bridge, it would be interesting to see how the lack of a viewscreen issue would be resolved....

I would probably rate the Nova & Delta Flyer as the Federation bridges most people want to see, but I personally think we could use more "alien" bridges before new Fed's get pumped out...

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 03:39:46 PM »
jimmy, the easiest way is to remodel and rescript the prommie bridge, and i voted for the nova bridge too XD

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »
jimmy, the easiest way is to remodel and rescript the prommie bridge
well ya, thats the idea :P

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »
tell ya what, when i get my laptop repaired, ill give you guys a hand on any of these bridges, to help me learn the ropes, ok?

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
I voted for the Delta Flyer, but then we surly need a Nova bridge :P
Bah, the hell with it- Delta Flyer :P

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
I said to myself "I'll vote non-fed" but then I clicked on the Kelvin. Oh well.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »
ok guys listen up :P

after talking with lurok, and adding some more prospects, the poll is restarted...
you can choose your top 3...
please revote if you already have :)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 03:31:50 AM »
Thanks Jimmy  :)  And sorry for hassle, guys.  I realised big oversight leaving out ships like Akira, Sabre, etc.  Even though they can use redressed existing bridges - I use a retextured GenGalaxy for Akira; Nebula for Norway - they don't have unique bridges which guess they should have. And far as I know none exist in canon.  

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »
We are so spoilt already. I picked all Starfleet classes but thinking about it we do need some more bespoke alien bridges.

My hat goes off to you guys and all the modders as I certainly couldn't do what you do and you keep producing gems that keep BC fresh and fun to play .

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »
I wasn't biased I chose the romulan Valdore (loved the design in the movie). The klingon Vorcha (out of honor for the best High Chancellor ever K'mpec) and the federation Sabre Class (because I prefer small to midsize vessels and I feel she has been overlooked for to long). Using each of these races I would select these vessels in game.
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline AdmiralQ

• Cookies: 0
  • BANNED!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »
I said Akira, but here's intersting for you the Stock BC Sov. Bridge is more cannon than the one in KM :hithead:

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
  • Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 09:35:46 PM »
Actually, I'd like to see some of the "Making Of Voyager" 2D Concept bridges that didn't make the cut to 3D, reinvigorated for some of the lesser seen designs such as Tachy's "Rapier-Class" and other conjectural designs/prototypes displayed at Andrew Hodges' "Star Trek: Australia" with upgraded M.S.D.'s, etc.

If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
I said Akira, but here's intersting for you the Stock BC Sov. Bridge is more cannon than the one in KM :hithead:

I have to disagree, and not at the same time...Stock BC Sovereign bridge is actually more accurate to First Contact.  KM's is closer to Nemesis...heck with a little work on the LCARS and keeping the KM viewscreen we could have one accurate to Insurrection also.

however i voted for three feddies...because we need a bit more of those LOL
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline AdmiralQ

• Cookies: 0
  • BANNED!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »
I have to disagree, and not at the same time...Stock BC Sovereign bridge is actually more accurate to First Contact.  KM's is closer to Nemesis...heck with a little work on the LCARS and keeping the KM viewscreen we could have one accurate to Insurrection also.

however i voted for three feddies...because we need a bit more of those LOL
Did you see the way the Klaxon lights are, that's not the way they go

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: (POLL) Ultimate new bridge like to see
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
Not to mention the size and shape of the doors. I could go on. Suffice to say the BC Ebridge is horribly proportioned and ugly. Needs replacing.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!