Author Topic: EF2 Klingon Bridge Crew v.1.0 (Beta)  (Read 589 times)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
EF2 Klingon Bridge Crew v.1.0 (Beta)
« on: December 11, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
Hi All,

Here is a little project I've been dabbling with over the years, the EF2 Klingon Bridge crew. I made this for my own enjoyment. This is no where near "perfection". But, it should provide the feel, of serving the Empire. This mod will be a voice file make over in line with BC: Generations. My hope is too have the Klingon crew throwing the odd klingon curses, while in Quickbattle.

This mod will have the following alterations...

* Customized Bridge crew names/.TGL

* Unisex Male and Female voice files. Ex: Your Male XO will have a male voice, your female tactical officer will have a female voice.

* Custom Uniforms (I make them by Klingon Houses, ex: Martok, Duras)

* Customized Character textures (distinct head ridges on the male and female bots)

The custom voice files will be kept in line with Quickbattle responses. It will not be 100% converted. But, it will be changed enough, to give the player a feeling of immersion. Which is the ultimate goal of this project. So, if you hear the stock crew in the heat of battle, it should not be to disconcerting. ;)

Here are some pics of the Klingon Crew. I did not bother too make a bridge retexture, because Lurok91 released some pretty damn good Klingon sets as of late.

So, here is my take on the EF2 Klingons on the Rotarren and K'Tinga sets.  :D :P

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: EF2 Klingon Bridge Crew v.1.0 (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »
Are the Klingon bodies from Elite Force II impractical or something?

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Re: EF2 Klingon Bridge Crew v.1.0 (Beta)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »
Are the Klingon bodies from Elite Force II impractical or something?

No, porting the original EF2 mesh is easy. That, I've succeeded in doing. Setting up the bone structure for BC animation is something else entirely. And I must admit beyond my skill range. :(

My experiments were not pretty, lol. The end result was the Klingon standing strait as a arrow with arms out like a sign post. This is something that I made for myself. I'm cleaning out my install. The things I will be releasing for the next couple of months are pretty much it, so far as my modding for BC goes.

I'll be playing around with more complicated bots for Excalibur. ;)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "