Author Topic: Tweak attempts  (Read 354 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Tweak attempts
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »
I've been trying some last minute tweaks to various ships in order to get things "right".  however, any hardpoint modifications I do to get more of what I want out of the ships don't change in game, even with the deletion of the hardpoint's PYC version.

it's these three

1: setting the D'Xorac to cluster fire its pulses
2: setting the Arcangel (my own) for the same reason
3: getting the correct Phaser sounds into an as yet unreleased late TOS/early TMP I've been working on.

where am I screwing up, here?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: Tweak attempts
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »
well, pulse and torpedo soudns are controled by the projectiles py file, not the ships py file, for one.

Cluster firing I know can be done with torpedo but I am not sure about pulses. I can't remember for sure. If you want all the pulses to fire at once just disable singer fire, then all ready pulses, where the enemy is also in it's arc, will fire.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Tweak attempts
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 04:45:35 PM »
I've pulled off cluster fire with pulses, and am just wondering why i can't pull it off in a retrofit.

getting the correct PHASER sounds...

skimmed it, starforce?

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet