Author Topic: TGLs, bridge scripts and voice files  (Read 705 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
TGLs, bridge scripts and voice files
« on: December 13, 2010, 07:49:51 AM »
So....have a new soundpack that's crewtalk Majel-computer style.  And a TGL.  Soundfiles work ingame ok (tried as substitutes for default TGL). 

With other soundpacks (Klingon, etc) I've used a mutator which obviously means affects all bridges.  For this one, I just want it to work on specific (ie: shuttle) bridges. 

Made a new set of bridge character scripts and adjusted to point out to TGL:
Code: [Select]
pComputerBrex.SetCharacterName("Brex")

# Add the character to the set
pSet.AddObjectToSet(pComputerBrex, "Engineer")
pLight = pSet.GetLight("ambientlight1")
pLight.AddIlluminatedObject(pComputerBrex)

# Setup the character configuration
pComputerBrex.SetSize(App.CharacterClass.SMALL)
pComputerBrex.SetGender(App.CharacterClass.MALE)
pComputerBrex.SetRandomAnimationChance(.75)
pComputerBrex.SetBlinkChance(0.1)
pComputerBrex.SetDatabase("data/TGL/Computer Crew General.tgl")

But ingame, crew continues to use default bridge crew general.  Any thoughts on if what I'm trying to do possible without using a mutator?

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: TGLs, bridge scripts and voice files
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:18:48 AM »
Must be someone  :idk:

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:33:19 AM »
you just created the thread yesterday lol  sometimes a response takes more than 24 hours :P

however - you may want to ask BR as his latest bridges contain custom sound files for the crews (tho might be mutator-driven, im not sure)...
i do have an idea, but ill take a look later when im home from work...
also, you may want to try asking at BCS; i know that forum is very slow these days but some of the scripters still check in provide assistance and tyou may need to write up a quick aurtostart script for this...

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 08:18:20 AM »
also, you may want to try asking at BCS; i know that forum is very slow these days but some of the scripters still check in provide assistance and tyou may need to write up a quick aurtostart script for this...

Had already done that  :)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:07:22 AM »
So....have a new soundpack that's crewtalk Majel-computer style.  And a TGL.  Soundfiles work ingame ok (tried as substitutes for default TGL).  

With other soundpacks (Klingon, etc) I've used a mutator which obviously means affects all bridges.  For this one, I just want it to work on specific (ie: shuttle) bridges.  

Made a new set of bridge character scripts and adjusted to point out to TGL:
Code: [Select]
pComputerBrex.SetCharacterName("Brex")

# Add the character to the set
pSet.AddObjectToSet(pComputerBrex, "Engineer")
pLight = pSet.GetLight("ambientlight1")
pLight.AddIlluminatedObject(pComputerBrex)

# Setup the character configuration
pComputerBrex.SetSize(App.CharacterClass.SMALL)
pComputerBrex.SetGender(App.CharacterClass.MALE)
pComputerBrex.SetRandomAnimationChance(.75)
pComputerBrex.SetBlinkChance(0.1)
pComputerBrex.SetDatabase("data/TGL/Computer Crew General.tgl")

But ingame, crew continues to use default bridge crew general.  Any thoughts on if what I'm trying to do possible without using a mutator?

Hi Lurok,

The sample of what you posted is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Making custom crew voices is "very, very tedious" but not impossible. It took me nearly six months to make a unisex bridge crew. This was done in combination of re sampling voice files from SFC3, Custom TGL's (I still have nightmares about the nearly 500 lines of command code in those .TGL files). And of course Custom/Autostart mutators. I'm going to take the route of UMM. This will simplify the crew selection process while preserving the Autostart mutators.

I have done experiments with altering both SP and QB voice files over the years. It's more feasible to alter the Quickbattle voice files. I've done this now, without overwriting the stock files. So what your attempting, I've already done with BC:Generations.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM. :)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 08:13:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've got similar setup to you.  Example: got an all-male Klingon crew that when mutate on only use Klingon voices.

What I'm trying to get that's different is a voice mod that will only work with specific (shuttle) bridges but not affect other bridges.

The great USSSov at BCS thinks he has an idea how to do it and has said will look into a possible fix when he has time.  Will be good if/when he does.   :)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:20:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've got similar setup to you.  Example: got an all-male Klingon crew that when mutate on only use Klingon voices.

What I'm trying to get that's different is a voice mod that will only work with specific (shuttle) bridges but not affect other bridges.

The great USSSov at BCS thinks he has an idea how to do it and has said will look into a possible fix when he has time.  Will be good if/when he does.   :)

Ah, I see. :)

Please, keep me informed. It all sounds very interesting indeed.

" Fortune Favors the Bold "