Author Topic: Nova Bridge WIP  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Nova Bridge WIP
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
I'm really at a loss to understand wtf the people are going about 'bland' floors and chair colors.  It's a FLOOR.  And the chairs are that color. It's a WIP.   Is this best everyone can do?   Come on, guys.   I can take constructive feedback but it's nice to get encouragement and feedback on other changes as well.   That's it.  No more mods.   Jimmy,  lock and/or delete this.  

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »
I'm really at a loss to understand wtf the people are going about 'bland' floors and chair colors.  It's a FLOOR.  And the chairs are that color. It's a WIP.   Is this best everyone can do?   Come on, guys.   I can take constructive feedback but it's nice to get encouragement and feedback on other changes as well.   That's it.  No more mods.   Jimmy,  lock and/or delete this. 
well... I can always whine about the walls instead of the floor if you like  :evil: j\k :funny

seriously, dunno what's wrong with the floor... it looks like there is no texture, just colour :P maybe add some grain to it or a pattern ;)

chairs... whole set is grey-blue, CO&XO chairs are olive... they look like a clown among the amish crowd, waving hands and shouting : 'oy ! I'm here ! look at me and I'll bang you into your head !'
grey or even that funky navy blue you have on walls would look much cooler ;)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 02:37:41 AM »
Dude we're not trying to knock your work.  Seriously!!!  This is why I said it's your mod.  You can do whatever you want with it, even if we don't like it.  I know people like me will probably go around and change things just for their own personal taste (like changing the chair color and giving the floor texture to their own liking).  It's nothing personal to you and we're definitely not saying you're not doing a great job at all.  And this IS constructive criticism.  We definitely think you're doing a HELL of a great job...I know I could NEVER create a bridge retexture even if I tried...
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
We definitely think you're doing a HELL of a great job...
absolutely!!
please dont stop now! :(
youve gone further than just about everyone (outside of the 3rd era team and the elite-most bridge modders in all of bc's history)!

trust me when i say i dont permit, in any slightest bit, anyone to insult another person's work...  and i dont think anyone is being negative to you - and i totally understand where youre coming from (every modder, and i mean everyone, has had the moments youre having right now - ive seen it many times, and it is actually a good thing in the end as youll come to see)...  and if someone was trashing your work, you know id be like a hawk and zoom in on them and shut them up lol :)

please understand that no one thus far has been meaning ill will - even if someone only posts about 1 small thing not "perfect", they mean they are enjoying the other 100 so far - im sure i can speak for everyone in that department :)
and even if someone posted one small thing in a very rude way, id ax them lol :P

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 11:40:34 AM »
absolutely!!
please dont stop now! :(
youve gone further than just about everyone (outside of the 3rd era team and the elite-most bridge modders in all of bc's history)!

trust me when i say i dont permit, in any slightest bit, anyone to insult another person's work...  and i dont think anyone is being negative to you - and i totally understand where youre coming from (every modder, and i mean everyone, has had the moments youre having right now - ive seen it many times, and it is actually a good thing in the end as youll come to see)...  and if someone was trashing your work, you know id be like a hawk and zoom in on them and shut them up lol :)

please understand that no one thus far has been meaning ill will - even if someone only posts about 1 small thing not "perfect", they mean they are enjoying the other 100 so far - im sure i can speak for everyone in that department :)
and even if someone posted one small thing in a very rude way, id ax them lol :P

This, and this is when we see Jimmy in Bitch Mode!  LOL :P  But seriously, it's the holidays man, everyone is stressed (modders and gift shoppers...and those like me who work in retail!)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline kitkat27

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
Yeah dude!
Don't let a couple of comments bring you down! Your mods are AWESOME!!  :thumbsup:
Please don't quit! 

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 12:52:04 PM »
Thanks for kind words.  I think folks here do forget sometimes that while criticism/observations always welcome if helpful, needs to be tempered with alternatives/examples/positivity  :)   Anyways, spent too much time on bridges recently and need a break  :)

More or less done texturing bridge so ready for beta testers.  PM me (even regular testers if interested)  and I'll send link.  Will keep to four, and preference given to regulars.   Beta will not have lift and chairs anims  in case need to make changes.   If testers can make any texture changes (example: command chairs)  please post here.  

Update:  alternative commchair textured, Intrepid-style. Will release both chair textures and players can decide preference.

Offline Jason Archer

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »
Wow my favourite Bridge of my favourite ship!

if you need a beta tester i can help!  :D

Offline leemason

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
Lurko tested worked fine on my install i have to say its nice to have a bridge to go along with my favourite ship nice one. And the computer voice is top mod my friend good concept.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
Lurko tested worked fine on my install i have to say its nice to have a bridge to go along with my favourite ship nice one. And the computer voice is top mod my friend good concept.

Thanks, lee.  Once I'd made the shuttle bridges and problems of silent crew, and then AdmiralKathryn came up with that brainwave, all came together.  :)   Only wish could have used Majel's voice but until Roddenberry estate allow her to be synthesized,  mod next best thing.

As per Nova,  likewise a fave ship and popular on poll here.  Just trying to give BCers what they want,  and learn at same time  :)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »
The Bones approves it  :arms: you may proceed with awesome work  :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »
The Bones approves it  :arms: you may proceed with awesome work  :thumbsup:

Thanks  :)  (ps: did you see your lcars in use over in my bridgeWIP thread?)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: Nova Bridge WIP - BETA TESTING
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »
Had another major bridge breakthrough in that learnt how to do the gamme/normal thingy.  Actually quite simple and obvious in many ways:  the big pain was not knowing how to do it, but actually stumbled across something else on google that made me go 'ah...that's probably how it works'.   Obviously it makes the bridge very dark - I guess depending on lightmaps?  -  but I guess people prefer that?    Anyway, when will post pics when tweaked a bit more.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »
I'm assuming you mean making the bridge dark with using BP's map swapping correct?

P.S. alt. command chair looks much better :)

Offline kitkat27

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »
I tested the bridge and it works great! You did an awesome job with this Lurok, the Nova was always one of my favorite bridges!!   :bow:
I did find one thing: When you're at Green Alert and go to Yellow Alert, you get a sound but no change in light or any flashing Red alert blinkers. But when you're at Red Alert and go to Yellow Alert it stays dark and the red blinkers keep flashing. Its no biggie and it doesn't bother me but thought you should know. :) 

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 02:59:38 PM »
I'm assuming you mean making the bridge dark with using BP's map swapping correct?

P.S. alt. command chair looks much better :)

Yes. I think so.  :idk:  I mean,  not using darker lightmaps swapping (hooray!) but using BP's in-built gamma/normal swap as with the 3rd Era bridges.  Only thing haven't  figured is how to make walls pulse red but probably will soon.   :)

I tested the bridge and it works great! You did an awesome job with this Lurok, the Nova was always one of my favorite bridges!!   :bow:
I did find one thing: When you're at Green Alert and go to Yellow Alert, you get a sound but no change in light or any flashing Red alert blinkers. But when you're at Red Alert and go to Yellow Alert it stays dark and the red blinkers keep flashing. Its no biggie and it doesn't bother me but thought you should know. :)  

Yes, Nero pointed that out too.  Now using BP that should work ok in final release.  And I'll change map swaps in final autoload.

Pics aren't final, still WIP, but give you BP idea...   and Runabout pics just to show BP change on final bridge...

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »
Oh I love it now  :bow: awesome !

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
DO WANT DO WANT GIVEITTOMEGIVEITTOMEGIVEITTOMEGIVEITTOME!!! :P

Good job Lurok, definitely looking forward to the release :D

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
The bridge on a Nova class is easily the largest single room on the entire ship. And I think this looks about what I would visualize (or rather, what I would have visualized) when I had my little Nova refit sim about a year ago. *chuckles*
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2010, 07:40:42 AM »
wow this is loking awsome, only thing im saying is the bridge has a slightly beige-is hue to the walls andaneling, its not a massively noticeable hue, but very very slight, so its just noticeable, but doesnt interfere with the look your ging for.