Author Topic: Nova Bridge WIP  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Nova Bridge WIP
« on: December 15, 2010, 07:55:35 AM »
OK...so I admit have got bored and decided to try and finish this.  Biggest headache was adjusting/remaking the floor with the drops and stairs and making new helm console.  But looking quite nice now.  

Textures/look:  Never got to see Nova bridge in neutral state.  Always battered and/or dark, red alert.  Even the brief Rhode Island in Endgame was dark (coz at red alert).   Any thoughts on what the Nova's default color scheme would be?   I'll probably make it pretty dark for red alert as per series.  Similar to Intrepid.

Chairs:  using Intrepid command chairs and console which tweaked slightly.   Not sure can be arsed to make brand new ones but will gauge feedback.  Big query is wtf do the crew chairs look like?  Been through Equinox but I swear there's not one good clean shot of crew chairs.  And I'm doubtful about the ex-astris floorplan chairs.  If no-one can come up with the canon chairs I'll change for FoAS's chair.  

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
Re: Nova Bridge WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:04:41 AM »
Lurko is it your intention to do every bridge ever seen :funny. Seriously this looks great and the new SC4 bridge released is fantastic well done.

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 08:10:18 AM »
If you need help with extras walking animation catch me on MSN tonight and I'll talk you through it.

Looks good so far.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:18:13 AM »
If you need help with extras walking animation catch me on MSN tonight and I'll talk you through it.

Looks good so far.

Thanks Baz.  Not an issue with this one as it'll just use existing Prom anims.   But when get round to new bridge (e.g, Kelvin)  will def take you up on offer  :)

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 08:25:07 AM »
Well if you're going for canon, might aswell change the captains chair :P

Id say the crew chairs are pretty close to that last image, however just change the colour scheme to a greyish colour.

Doing an awesome job on these new bridges!

Cookie

~Jb

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:51:03 AM »
Textures/look:  Not sure we ever got to see Nova bridge in neutral state.  Either battered and/or dark, red alert.  Even the brief Rhode Island in Endgame was dark (guess coz at red alert).   Any thoughts on what the Nova's default color scheme would be?   I'll probably make it pretty dark for red alert.
i would think more greys and blues... perhaps base it off of the intrepid bridge?

drop redmaps and have all animated lcars.
yes absolutely please please please!!  :D
(or perhaps make 2 versions of the bridge, one with animated lcars and another with alert status-map-swapping lol
perhaps include both in the download?

personally, i am much more of a fan of animated lcars; it makes the bridge feel more "active" rather than having lcars look like pictures that are hanging on a wall lol

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »
Textures/look:  Not sure we ever got to see Nova bridge in neutral state.  Either battered and/or dark, red alert.  Even the brief Rhode Island in Endgame was dark (guess coz at red alert).   Any thoughts on what the Nova's default color scheme would be?   I'll probably make it pretty dark for red alert.
I just grabbed this off of Excalibur's Facebook page, hope it helps. The command chair's look accurate and I agree with Jimmy on going with more grey's and blue's.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
I just grabbed this off of Excalibur's Facebook page, hope it helps. The command chair's look accurate and I agree with Jimmy on going with more grey's and blue's.

Yeah, I saw that some time back...but still feeling lazy about making command chairs look canon like those  :D.   Give it a day or two and maybe will change mind.  

Offline Morgan

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
Looks great Lurok!  I won't cry if you decide to leave the command chair's as-is.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »
i would think more greys and blues... perhaps base it off of the intrepid bridge?

Figured intrepid would be obvious model though Nova I think predates it? (in canon timeline)

(or perhaps make 2 versions of the bridge, one with animated lcars and another with alert status-map-swapping lol
perhaps include both in the download?

personally, i am much more of a fan of animated lcars; it makes the bridge feel more "active" rather than having lcars look like pictures that are hanging on a wall lol

Could try that.  Ideally would prefer  just one bridge (lazy me  :D)   but aim to please...

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 01:30:01 PM »
Both of the named ships

USS Equinox (NCC-72381)
USS Rhode Island (NCC-72701)

have registry numbers close to Voyager's NCC-74656, so it's pretty clear that the Nova Class would've been built around the same time as the Intrepid Class. The Nova "Pathfinder" was the origin for what eventually became the Defiant Class, while the Nova herself got redesigned for primarily scientific duties, to replace the aging Oberth Class.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline kitkat27

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »
Lurok this is AWESOME!!!  :yay:
I'm loving your bridge sets! GREAT JOB!
I would go with just animated lcars....and i like the alternate chairs (with a diff color however)
I loved the commanded chairs on the nova! If you decide to mod those it would be amazing!
Either way Cookie :D

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »
The Command Chair style looks, but the colour is a bit too green.  A bit more brown would be better (or my eyes are crazy, don't know)

More like the Galaxy Class seats

Offline kitkat27

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 11:48:21 AM »
The new crew chairs look great!
I like the coloring on the captains chairs....the only thing i would do is just slice off the arms of the chairs! Then it'd look cannon! Amazing Job! I love your work!  :dance

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »
The Command Chair style looks, but the colour is a bit too green.  A bit more brown would be better (or my eyes are crazy, don't know)

More like the Galaxy Class seats

they are actually that greeny/yellow  :).  Obviously set lighting affects how look...

The new crew chairs look great!
I like the coloring on the captains chairs....the only thing i would do is just slice off the arms of the chairs! Then it'd look cannon! Amazing Job! I love your work!  :dance

I can't slice arms off without buggering up mesh.  So unless I make new ones (or someone else, lol)  have to live with.

Changed all chairs to FoAS shorter ones.  Floor not ideal but fixed major vertex errors.  Each station has two screens so decided to animate ones with most interesting canon lcars, and keep others static for red map alert. Think it's reasonable compromise.  Probably 80 per cent animated to 20 per cent static/red.  

Damaged USS Equinox bridge had blue lights in red alert so decided to go with that.

Still few lightmapping/red state textures to fix, then chair animations and should be ready for testing...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »
Floor is way to bland, chairs colour stands out way too much for my taste but other than that ... THIS IS SPARTAAAA !!!!  :funny couldn't resist lol  :funny

FANTASTIC job there mate  :bow: cookied

btw. shouldn't you change that title 'bridge apprentice' to 'bridge master' ??? after all you're a kind of Master of the New Bridge Order, both with Baz you're the only hope to get new bridges for BC ;)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »
Floor is way to bland, chairs colour stands out way too much for my taste but other than that ...
i gotta agree to both points... 
id match the chairs to the Intreprid's command chairs, and perhaps the floor to match thee Intrepid's...
use creative licensing - it doesnt have to be exact to the show...  but as it is right now, it doesnt "feel" right...

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 04:29:54 PM »
I'm guessing the floor looks bland because it isn't textured yet LOL At least that's what it looks like.

The chairs, I have to agree with bones and Jimmy...not my cup of tea but hey, it's your mod :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Morgan

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
id match the chairs to the Intreprid's command chairs, and perhaps the floor to match thee Intrepid's...
use creative licensing - it doesnt have to be exact to the show...  but as it is right now, it doesnt "feel" right...
As much as a canon hound I am, after looking at it I have to agree with the cat, maybe going back to the Intrepid command chairs would improve the set?

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
lurok, sign me up for any of your beta tests, i think after christmas ill be able to test anything you throw at me XD