Author Topic: Vista installation AAARRRGGHH!!!  (Read 400 times)

Offline sentinel1280

• Cookies: 0
Vista installation AAARRRGGHH!!!
« on: December 27, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Hello all,

I own both Bridge Commander and Armada 2 (both great games, even with BC's weird mouth animations :P).  I decided to re-install them on my rig today, but am hitting a major road block.  When the CD-Rom loads in the system, I get the Autorun screen, and select "install".  Unfortunately, after that, I get the install-shield window, which gets to 100%, stays there for several minutes, then just closes entirely.  I have tried rebooting my machine, running the installation as administrator, and running compatibility mode with XP, all to no avail. :banghead:

I am currently running a Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP2, and would love to reload these games again (especially BC).  I just finished Legacy, and the distinct lack of Cardassian ships to blow up was a bit of a letdown :P  Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Vista installation AAARRRGGHH!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:24:42 PM »
yeah that isn't just a vista issues.. it happens from time to time. You just have to wait longer or take the disk out and try again.

oh and so you know in the future... don't install BC into its default directory in programfiles install it into a new one such as C:\Games this avoids issues caused by visa's file protection.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.