Author Topic: Sean's DEFIANT PACK  (Read 6892 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
Re: Sean's DEFIANT v4 - beta testers
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 10:17:30 AM »
Beta link sent.  Main bug you'll find is the black/missing texture one.  Continued to try everything but whatever I do I can't get those darned console arms to show up with texture in nif  :banghead:

inver the mesh and then double side the faces, it help on a wide veriety of errors, though BC may not like double sided faces, but you can always try.

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
After testing the bridge i've seen some texture problems:

The first 3 shows that the walls and floor looks very unclean

and the ships dedication Plaque have some prob.

The texture on the consoles beside captains chair arn't alinght correctly.

The texture on the con are not sharp as the rest.

I hope i could help you with that. Beside those texture faults the bridge is great :yay:

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
thats just a problem with your hardware and BC's graphic settings, change the texture quality and the colour depth settings and the resolution of the game to fix it, that should work.

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »
Dooh  :banghead:  i must be an idiot. i set the color dept to low.

That leaves only the miss-alinght captain's console (the right one is mirrored ) and the unsharped con console.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »
I didn't notice anything with the dedication plaque or walls and floor.

The conn could use higher res textures though. And it's not aligned quite right.  And where are the textures for the red alert thing on the helm console and the bars for the captain's consoles?  Did I just miss something? :idk:  And about the red alert lights themselves, I vote for making them brighter. :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »
I noticed the dedication plaque issue.  Also something weird with the way the bridge loads the loading screen (can other beta testers confirm?).  Pics attached.

On making the red alert lights brighter, it wouldn't be the end of the world if you didn't but a hair brighter wouldn't hurt either.

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 03:05:55 PM »
Lurko works great the dedication on my pc looks great stands out really well. The only problem that I feel withe ambience is the seating postion  is too low but thats an easy fix even for me so no yes I love it feels nice and compact like the defiant should.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
Thanks for feedback so far.   Common problems cited seem fixable.   

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
That viewscreen problem also occurs if the viewscreen goes static-y from damage.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »
Probably to do with the shape of the viewscreen Nif. I've noticed that you're not terribly picky about the positioning and size of the viewscreen nif. It appears to be a couple of meters inside the K'tinga bridge, and there are some slightly off-centre or odd loading screens I've noticed on other bridges that probably have something to do with it.

It's totally understandable with the shuttle bridges, and may not be something you noticed after a few of those, but it is important.

Trimming it to shape and positioning it so it fits snugly in the viewscreen fame here ought to solve this problem.

Luckily, I don't think the viewscreen Nif suffers the same problems as the bridge nif in terms of model format issues.

I was able to tinker with the Galaxy class viewscreen, even added spheres and cubes in random locations in the name of research. When the screen was "active", this just had the effect of stretching the image to cover the visible width of the nif, but the loading screens actually visibly mapped to the nif, rendering z-buffered along with the bridge geometry, rather than behind it, as with the "active" screen.

I still think you're awesome :) just a bit of friendly advice. When I get back to my own PC, I might knock up a viewscreen patch-pack for you if you like? I should get back in a few days.

EDIT

Friendly advice which, re-reading back on your responses, you're probably quite aware of...  :doh:

A further edit to say that if I'm wrong about the above, then apologies will tumble from my fingers with potentially irritating rapidity.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 10:37:31 PM »
Hi Lurok,

I just finished giving the Defiant a "once over" in my non-KM install.
I did notice a minor glitch with the animated chairs on the Bridge.

* Animated Bridge Chair Glitch: (pic attached) All the chairs are like this (in the initial upload of the bridge set) until the player call on the individual crew stations. Then the chairs correct themselves. IMHO, this is not such a bother. Just a heads up. :)

* Illumination at Yellow Alert: I know this is still a beta, but I thought I would bring this up. The besides the illumination under the helm's station (from the Captain's viewpoint). The red illumination is not visible in the fore section of the set. But, it is visible in the aft section of the bridge.

* Main Viewscreen: I've read that the other beta testers were having problems with the view screen. I noticed all so in game, the "StaticFX" was not present during active quick battle.

Besides what is mentioned above, I haven't noticed any missing textures on the Bridge set. I had no overt problems with the set in my modded install. Here are some of the mods I had in operation. None were affected by the beta test...

* BC Patch v.1.1
* DS9FX Xtended
* Galaxy Charts v.2
* NanoFX2 Beta
* GravityFX
* Bridge Core Plugin (Gold)
* EF2 Bridge Crew v.1.0.
* BCS-TNG: The Beginning
* QBAutostart v.9.1
* WalkFX
* BC: Generations (Beta)

I'll give the bridge another go, just to be sure I haven't missed anything with the viewscreen. :)

BR32

**Update**

After loading up into Quickbattle, the loading screen would fill the entire fore wall, like bren reported. Also the StaticFX suffer from the same affliction (pics attached). So it's a definite problem with the View screen. :(

I'm going to try an experiment. If it works? I'll post about it here. ;)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 04:28:30 AM »
Damn.  Feel so guilty and must make confession.   Never really bother tinkering with viewscreens unless it's apparent problem on my install, and on most bridges haven't seen any.   However, don't use the default BC loading screens (personally find cheesy - just a generic starfield)  and have disabled staticfx.  But guess this is what testing for  :)     Am curious though that testers seeing problems that aren't present on my setup.    Esp as just aligned and replaced KM Def with new one so uses same viewscreen in same position and axis.  

Think all issues fixable.  And welcome any input, Bren.  

EDIT:  def looks like some testers having issues dependent on install.  In mine, dedication plaque and viewscreen/QB have no issues (see pics).   Any suggestions as to what may be issue welcome  :)

Have made helm lcars slightly better rez and tweaked red alerts brighter.  Afraid not going to get much brighter though as controlled by red gamma of BP plugin/nif. Not sure also why yellow alert not working (assume side red alerts should still be active?).  Is set-up in autoload script but doesn't seem to be triggering. Maybe a BP glitch.   Have also incorporated canon sounds Nero kindly sent me  :)

So only major issue to sort before release is that darned black texture prob  :bitch:

Offline Morgan

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »
Quote from: Lurok
In mine, dedication plaque and viewscreen/QB have no issues (see pics).   Any suggestions as to what may be issue welcome
Could be issues with screen resolution, based on what I saw from 007 Bashir's post, it's possible that this problem only occurs at certain screen resolutions (both him and I are having the dedication plaque problem and our screenshots are 1024x768).  I would test at another resolution, but this is the highest my monitor will go (I've been far too lazy/broke to get a new one :doh:).  If that is the problem than the trick would be finding out why its only happening at certain resolutions, but it would at least give you a starting point.  :idk:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
Good call Nero  :)   But still not sure prob.   Ran my KM 1.0 install at custom 1366x768 (highest my working monitor can go)  and still no issues.   So while not saying is or isn't prob, doesn't seem to be with mine whatever rez run at.   Jimmy also reported no issues so far.  

Anyway, assuming can sort out issues,  how much interest is there in Sao Paulo variant?   Here's some pics of Sean's WIP (max renders. not ingame shots).  Probably won't include purple doors (sure they're grey/more like orig doors?)  but everything else seems canon.  Just need to tweak textures and anims and add that rear console and other minor changes.

Offline Shadowknight1

Re: Sean's DEFIANT v4 - beta test feedback
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
I'd like the Sao Paulo variant. :D

I hope you're able to sort out the captain's consoles.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
Ran my KM 1.0 install at custom 1366x768 (highest my working monitor can go)  and still no issues.
Hmm...try going lower (if you haven't done so already) and see what that does.  Of course I'm not ruling out any issues on mine or Bashir's end (graphics card maybe), but better to be 100% sure...

how much interest is there in Sao Paulo variant?

I think the Sao Paulo version would be pretty popular, I know I'd download it  :D

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
Hmm...try going lower (if you haven't done so already) and see what that does.  Of course I'm not ruling out any issues on mine or Bashir's end (graphics card maybe), but better to be 100% sure...

As you can see from screenshots, all my tests done in 800x600 windowed mode (allowing for console reports),  so doubt rez  is issue.   But intriguing, n'est ce pas? 

As for Paulo, will start on once Def bridge issues sorted  :)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »
BP core has a "Fix bridge jaggies" or something mutator option, I believe it just changes screen resolution when you start QB, and changes it back - not sure about how that one works, tbh, but it could be enabled for some people and disabled for those who have problems... can't say for sure.

Either way, it's happening to the plaque because it's so close to the wall. I can think of three solutions, rebuild the wall so that the plaque is part of the wall's geometry, make the plaque part of the wall's texture and remap it, or move the surface of the plaque a good bit further out from the wall.

Sao Paulo... *bounce bounce bounce* :dance
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »
yes Sao Paulo bridge for sure!
i asked this in Sean's original thread, but i wanted to ask again here as well to see if it were still possible...
it would be cool for the sao paulo if we could whip up a new animation for the extra crew, where he/she would walk through the door onto the bridge, and walk over to the station behind the captains chair, and stand there using that console...

as far as the Defiant bridge, i have only tried it out for a few seconds just now (ill play more thoroughly later with it for deeper beta testing) - but the plaque looks just fine for me...

Offline Morgan

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2011, 02:24:02 PM »
Quote from: Jimmy
it would be cool for the sao paulo if we could whip up a new animation for the extra crew, where he/she would walk through the door onto the bridge, and walk over to the station behind the captains chair, and stand there using that console...

That sounds like a cool idea.  Lurok, as an alternative you could always make that extra a permanent one.  :)