Author Topic: Sean's DEFIANT PACK  (Read 6887 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Sean's DEFIANT v4 - beta test feedback
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »
BP core has a "Fix bridge jaggies" or something mutator option, I believe it just changes screen resolution when you start QB, and changes it back - not sure about how that one works, tbh, but it could be enabled for some people and disabled for those who have problems... can't say for sure.

Either way, it's happening to the plaque because it's so close to the wall. I can think of three solutions, rebuild the wall so that the plaque is part of the wall's geometry, make the plaque part of the wall's texture and remap it, or move the surface of the plaque a good bit further out from the wall.

Maybe the testers can check this?   Loathe to change something that not affecting my bridge (or other testers) but affecting some. But will always try and find happy medium  :)   Thanks for input, Bren  :)    I guess you all know me well enough by now to know that my goal is always to make best canon/useable bridge I can.

Re: SP bridge - I will change extra anims so they come in and 'work' the SP console behind capt chair.  Is this what J/N mean?  

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 02:45:52 PM »
I will change extra anims so they come in and 'work' the SP console behind capt chair.  Is this what J/N mean?  
thats what i was thinking...

one thing i noticed on the defiant bridge, and im not sure if it is like this on v3 currently - when the bridge doors close, they seem to slam shut really quickly; if you didnt walk out fast enough, you might be sliced in half lol
is it possible to have the speed of them closing be the same (slower) speed of them opening?

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »
Quote from: Lurok
Re: SP bridge - I will change extra anims so they come in and 'work' the SP console behind capt chair.  Is this what J/N mean?
Got it  ;) , though as an alternative to making a new animation if you don't have the time (or just don't feel like it, lol) you can always just make the extra stand there permanently instead of having him/her walk in.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »
thats what i was thinking...

one thing i noticed on the defiant bridge, and im not sure if it is like this on v3 currently - when the bridge doors close, they seem to slam shut really quickly; if you didnt walk out fast enough, you might be sliced in half lol
is it possible to have the speed of them closing be the same (slower) speed of them opening?

Gawd, Jimmy...those bloody doors caused me so many probs and just got right before beta release.   At present seem to work without slicing extras in half so tempted to keep as is. 

Got it  ;) , though as an alternative to making a new animation if you don't have the time (or just don't feel like it, lol) you can always just make the extra stand there permanently instead of having him/her walk in.

That would seem logical conclusion  :)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2011, 03:56:17 PM »
I'm struggling for context to couch this in, so I'm just gonna say it:

She (the extra) can stand there like an iPad addict playing whack-a-mole. :P
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »
I'm struggling for context to couch this in, so I'm just gonna say it:

She (the extra) can stand there like an iPad addict playing whack-a-mole. :P

You are such a cynic.  Try being...less cynical  :D

Of course, she/he will be playing whack-a-mole like an iPad addict.  But will give us nearest approximation of verisimilitude. Surely what we all desire?  

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
There's no problem with the ded. plaque on my install, just the screwy viewscreen with static or when loading.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2011, 06:30:56 PM »
Good call Nero  :)   But still not sure prob.   Ran my KM 1.0 install at custom 1366x768 (highest my working monitor can go)  and still no issues.   So while not saying is or isn't prob, doesn't seem to be with mine whatever rez run at.   Jimmy also reported no issues so far. 

Anyway, assuming can sort out issues,  how much interest is there in Sao Paulo variant?   Here's some pics of Sean's WIP (max renders. not ingame shots).  Probably won't include purple doors (sure they're grey/more like orig doors?)  but everything else seems canon.  Just need to tweak textures and anims and add that rear console and other minor changes.

Well, it never hurts to have a new bridge variant. Since I made a Defiant Class Sao Paulo, that would fit nicely in my book. ;)

On the monitor resolution issue. My PC's monitor is on at 1440x900 (it's highest setting). In my install, I run it at 1280x. If that info is of any use?

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: Sean's DEFIANT v4/SAO PAULO - tested
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
First ingame pics of SP variant.  Have to do new extra crew anims and a few tweaks but that's all.  

Have adjusted captain position as per Jimmy request,  and viewscreen as per Bren.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:35 PM »
Wonderful work Lurok!  :yay:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 02:15:50 PM »
So, discovered the Defiant console prob.  And kicking for myself not spotting sooner  :hithead:   Textures were 56x56 and therefore not recognised by nif.  *doh*    Changed to 64x64 and now sorted.  So Defiant ready for release.  

But before I do,  will finish Sau Paulo and send to beta testers.  Feedback will tell me if viewscreen sorted and if any other graphic errors.   It may be I can't solve them and down to individual BC installs & settings/graphic cards & settings.  

If all OK, guess will release both as a dual-pack with separate installs?  

EDIT:  Sean also gave me 'The Search' eps Defiant (slight model differences)  and holo variant. 
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,6252.20.html

Depending on how much work to get those done, will include as well.  But may release as second pack.  Will wait and see...

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
Well done Lurko looking great as usual and congrats on the mod of the month

Offline Morgan

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2011, 04:19:56 PM »
So, discovered the Defiant console prob.  And kicking for myself not spotting sooner  :hithead:  Textures were 56x56 and therefore not recognised by nif.  *doh*    Changed to 64x64 and now sorted.  So Defiant ready for release.
:funny Nice, glad you got it worked out though :)

If all OK, guess will release both as a dual-pack with separate installs?
I like the sound of that.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
:funny Nice, glad you got it worked out though :)
I like the sound of that.

As do I.  :thumbsup:

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »
Lots of Defiant bridges, that's awesome. :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: Sean's DEFIANT PACK: console bug error
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »
Apologies for lack of update but bridges been a bit temperamental  :bitch:    Finally got extra stationed at rear console and have tweaked red alert lights so now bit brighter.  Generally most problems solved bar a few tweaks here and there.  

BUT... just started getting this weird console crash error never seen before on both Defiant and Sao bridges.   Doesn't always occur in same place or same time on either bridge;  bridges load ok and then at some point this error pops up.  Run in both test and non-testmode.  No difference.   Any advice welcome  :)   I have suspicion might be something to do with script (bridge and/or character/animations)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Sean's DEFIANT PACK: console crash error
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »
do you have Mleos console logger, might help, I use it, many of us around here do???
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »
I use console track dump and this is all that points to prob (lot of use, eh)
Code: [Select]
AttributeError: PreLoadAssets
Trying to clean memory

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 06:27:28 AM »
Check your Crew Scripts, Specificity focus on the Animations themselves, make sure all the Animations actually Exist. I'm Not at my install right now so I cant give you an Example, but their was a similar problem with the Shuttle Bridge Pack for Non Kobayashimaru users.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
Thanks Rob.  Like I said, suspect prob is anim/script issue.  Just haven't got round to checking as been on other work.  And was secretly hoping someone might have said "I know exactly what prob is".   But when have time will go through them again.

EDIT:  well, Defiant bridge now seems to be ok (not crashing) and not getting same 'not enough arguments' console error message on either bridge.  But SP bridge still crashing not long after load, although just a blank console this time, and the same Preload Assets msg in console dump.  So I figure it's prob with SP lift doors as bridge crashes before extra gets on set and was all working ok before.  So I'll try and fix that when get chance.