Author Topic: Sean's DEFIANT PACK  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Sean's DEFIANT PACK: console crash error
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
OK, looking more encouraging though famous last words, lol  :D .   Starting again from scratch and reapplying each anim and script, seemed to narrow down to problem with standing extra script but couldn't see any probs.  So started to take out anim lines and it seemed once removed CommonAnimations Pushing Buttons line hasn't crashed (yet).   Curious as to why that particular one may have caused probs, but there you go. 

Assuming doesn't crash again and can restore bridge back to how originally had, will try and finish off earlyDef and holo-variants, then package up bridge pack for beta testers.   

Can't say will be sad to see back of this one  :banghead:

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2011, 12:57:16 AM »
Okay just gave the bridges a test run.  The holo-comm and "Search" variants are fine and look awesome, and I also didn't run into any crashing with the Sao Paulo variant.  I did notice a couple of texture issues with the standard Defiant and the Sao Paulo (some odd texture issues with a couple of wall panels and an issue with the carpet respectively).  Pics attached.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2011, 02:32:24 AM »
I had a chance to run the bridges in game...

From my non KM install, I experienced no crashes, but I did notice the camera angels on the bot was slightly off center, for the helm and tactical bridge view (pic attached). Also, the Sao Paulo Bridge's dedication plaque reads as "Defiant" Just though I would bring it up, if someone forgot. It's easy to make the Sao Paulo's LCARS singular to the ship. The bridges loaded up into quickbattle with ease. The view screen is stable and the green, yellow and red alerts were all functioning.

All the things I mentioned, can be easily fixed. :thumbsup:

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2011, 05:24:09 AM »
Thanks for feedback  so far.    Wall panel prob a LM one and easy fix.    Hadn't noticed any prob with carpet or BR's off-centre view on mine so will wait and see if others report.  

I'll try and make a SP dedication plaque.  (EDIT: interestingly, the actual SP film set still used the Defiant plaque so it is in fact canon  :)   But I've included a SP plaque anyway)

In principle looks like pack will be ready soon for release...

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2011, 07:59:24 AM »
I did notice the camera angels on the bot was slightly off center, for the helm and tactical bridge view
if youre talking about camera zooms to characters, i can fix that...

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »
I was only able to give it a quick test run, no crashes on any of the bridges.  Only graphic bug I noticed was that the alert indicator on the top of the helm console is still completely black.  Also, the red alert indicators on the consoles don't flash.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news  :hide but I've found a couple more issues I feel I should report.  The first applies to all the variants except the Sao Paulo, when looking up at the ceiling there are some light textures missing.  This one applies to all the variants; I think the viewscreen could do with some adjusting.  When talking to DS9 or Starbase 12 the characters on the screen are appearing way to close (pics attached, one with old viewscreen nif and two with new).  I realize this is still a WIP and you may have taken this into account yourself, so if that's the case just ignore me on this one.  :)

EDIT: CRAP, my minds in the gutter today  :banghead: .  I meant to include this in my previous report but it completely slipped my mind.  Thankfully it's nothing too major; somehow the door on the port side isn't closing all the way, but like I said it's not that major and something where if you're not looking for it you won't notice it, but figured I'd report in the interest of being thorough.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »
Don't worry N...this is precisely what beta testing for  :D     

Missing light textures:  they are there, just on a diff config to SP.  Easy enough to adjust.

Viewscreen:  the reason changed it was because getting that 'static inside bridge'  prob Bren noted.   Have you run the new bridge nif+both old and new viewscreen in battle yet?   If ok, and loading screen ok, will change viewscreen back to old one. 

@shadowknight:  changed red alerts so flash.  Have added red alert light to helm but unfortunately when bridge goes dark barely noticeable.   May just be one of those things bridge will have to miss out on  :facepalm:

Offline Morgan

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2011, 03:32:40 PM »
Viewscreen:  the reason changed it was because getting that 'static inside bridge'  prob Bren noted.   Have you run the new bridge nif+both old and new viewscreen in battle yet?   If ok, and loading screen ok, will change viewscreen back to old one.
Not in battle no, but I've checked the loading screen and going with the old one seems to result in the same viewscreen bugs that plagued the first beta, where as the new one doesn't have those problems.  Just in case I'll double-check in battle with each one just to be 100% sure.

Missing light textures:  they are there, just on a diff config to SP.  Easy enough to adjust.
Sounds good :)

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
@shadowknight:  changed red alerts so flash.  Have added red alert light to helm but unfortunately when bridge goes dark barely noticeable.   May just be one of those things bridge will have to miss out on  :facepalm:

I mean, from the front, where that little thing should be the same color as the console because it's part of it, it's black.  Sort of like the arms for the captain's console used to be.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: Sean's DEFIANT PACK: pre-release testing
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »
Ok guys, don't want to get bogged down in details and really want to get these bridges off my hands. Spent enough time on them, thank you.  Never going to be perfect but everyone's going to have to accept as is.   Jimmy is changing character zooms and I'll wait for any viewscreen feedback.  After that,  will sign off and release.   

Offline Morgan

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »
Not a prob, sorry I didn't mean to get carried away.  :doh:  No matter what these sets are still far superior to the v3 Defiant bridge, so no doubt they'll be a hit.  :)

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »
Nice bridge I am in work all weekend but I had a little blast on all of them and I must say the feeling you get when on the bridge is good nice and compact and also the captains chair does not dissapear when you walk behind it good job my friend

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »
Not a prob, sorry I didn't mean to get carried away.  :doh:  No matter what these sets are still far superior to the v3 Defiant bridge, so no doubt they'll be a hit.  :)

Agreed. :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »
If I can get any final viewscreen feedback please.   Any issues in battle or character hail issue Nero reported.  May be the character hail  size is issue have to compromise on due to relative small size of Defiant bridge viewscreen (as opposed to nif viewscreen).  But as soon as get final reports asap will make a decision.

Have Jimmy's new crew zooms and done all light etc changes going to make.   So once viewscreen resolved can release set.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »
If I can get any final viewscreen feedback please.   Any issues in battle or character hail issue Nero reported.  May be the character hail  size is issue have to compromise on due to relative small size of Defiant bridge viewscreen (as opposed to nif viewscreen).  But as soon as get final reports asap will make a decision.

Have Jimmy's new crew zooms and done all light etc changes going to make.   So once viewscreen resolved can release set.

Hey Lurok,

I guess this is one of those cases where a "video" is worth a thousand words :P

For myself, I didn't have any problems with the view screen while in quickbattle.
On the hailing/viewscreen issue. I experienced the same thing (Cam/zoom to close) using DS9Xtended.
Once I get a chance, I'll post a in game pic this evening.

This is an example showing a quickbattle scenario, that I made quickly on the fly.

(don't expect the quality to be pretty, lol- it's a bit jumpy) :P

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Thanks BR.

Can't wait for that new crew mod  :dance    Getting fed-up of Brex's whiney voice.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »
Thanks BR.

Can't wait for that new crew mod  :dance    Getting fed-up of Brex's whiney voice.
No problem, Lurok!

I could not resist testing the Sao Paulo set with the DCMPSao Paulo. :P

I cleaned up the video a bit now. On Brex (and Saffi for that matter) I know people love the stock
characters to a point. BC: Generations leaves them be.

Back on topic- Thank you for what you have done, for the current state of BC modding :dance

I haven't enjoyed my modded install this much in years! :yay: :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:54 AM »
Sorry to hassle guys (  :facepalm:)   but still need final feedback re: viewscreen positioning/issues.

If no news by end of week will assume all ok and release bridge set.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2011, 01:19:08 PM »
Apologies Lurok, I've been meaning to post more viewscreen feedback as per your request but it slipped my mind.  :doh:

My issues previously reported aside, the static fx is appearing properly.  Loading screen is appearing fine as well.  Aside from that there's little I can add.