Author Topic: Help with TWOK Bridge  (Read 1447 times)

Offline spder15

• Cookies: 0
Help with TWOK Bridge
« on: January 01, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
I am very excited with the creation of this fantastic bridge but when I went to play it in the game I switched to bridge view and I only viewed the bridge for around  5 seconds and the bridge froze and the game crashed. Does anyone know whats wrong. I'm running the game on Windows XP.

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
Re: Help with TWOK Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:09:51 PM »
same problem here. I'm running with win 7 and KM. Don't know what problem it is though.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »
I think it's missing common animations from BPcore.

For some reason, they weren't included with more recent KMs. Just download BPCore's latest version, and rescue the GalSmall and GalMedium animation scripts from the scipts department, then place them in the appropriate directory.

I could be totally wrong, but that solved a problem I was having with Lurok's beta-test runabout.

use test mode, or enable it in UMM, and set the graphics options to windowed. you'll get a console report in a separate, copy'n'pasteable window then. Took a bit of thinkifying at a time when my thoughts weren't very clear to track it down.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline spder15

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 09:37:42 PM »
Thanks man but I still doesn't work.

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
The only thing I run is BC with Km1 installed no other mods.

also running vista 64.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
The only thing I run is BC with Km1 installed no other mods.

also running vista 64.

Same here.   BC, KM1, Vista.  Runs ok.   Can you post  a console report?     

How to get a console report:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,57.0.html

Offline imoutosan

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
   Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. Vista, KM 1.0. Installed mod's Wiley's TWoK battle pack, and the TWoK bridge. Same result.
crashes to desktop anywhere from 5-15 seconds. Used MLeo's console logger script to get a console report (see attatched log).
seems like it's a missing animation in my install..........

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »
  Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. Vista, KM 1.0. Installed mod's Wiley's TWoK battle pack, and the TWoK bridge. Same result.
crashes to desktop anywhere from 5-15 seconds. Used MLeo's console logger script to get a console report (see attatched log).
seems like it's a missing animation in my install..........

Having looked at that and seeing galMediumAnimations come up in console report, think Bren may have a point  :)  Try his suggestion,  some way of (re)installing gal animations.  Or download gal refit bridge

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Generations_Galaxy_Bridge;85198

and add anims to game. That will prob  solve problems...

Offline imoutosan

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 04:11:59 PM »
   Definitely helped. Went to red alert and managed to spend a few minutes walking around and checking things out. Sat back down, went to yellow alert, then BC crashed again. I think that crash was from a prob' I've ALWAYS had with BC tho'.

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 08:23:45 PM »
Ok I have reviewed the scripts for exrta1. I had made new animations for these to replace the galaxy bridge animations but looks like I did not replace them in the files.

So for the person sat at the nav station to work as Lurok point out the Generations galaxy bridge will also be need.

Trouble is you make 30 odd animations and think you have pluged them all in run the game and it works you move on. will make sure this does not happen with other bridges. when I get around to them.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
Ok I have reviewed the scripts for exrta1. I had made new animations for these to replace the galaxy bridge animations but looks like I did not replace them in the files.

So for the person sat at the nav station to work as Lurok point out the Generations galaxy bridge will also be need.

Trouble is you make 30 odd animations and think you have pluged them all in run the game and it works you move on. will make sure this does not happen with other bridges. when I get around to them.

Been a steep learning curve for both us and  with all the diverse bridge elements - more so than with ships - inevitable will be oversights or errors  :)   I know I've had them.   With luck it's sorted for people now.