Author Topic: My sketches  (Read 995 times)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
My sketches
« on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
Hi guys!

I've done a few sketches over the last few years. Thought I'd show one off, as the latest one is a Trek sketch with the charcoals and drawing pad I got for Christmas.

I've attached a triptych, the left image is obviously the source image that I sketched. The right-hand image is the un-altered sketch, and the centre image is where I cheated with the Liquify plugin in Photoshop.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: My sketches
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:51:09 AM »
Frack, impressive stuff, dude! Never been able to really draw people/characters, though costume design has always been something I enjoy. Mister Kelley was a good choice, too!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:16:22 AM »
I don't really feel proud of the centre image, it was too easy, somehow :P

Thanks for the praise, though  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I heard somebody somewhere (who and where escapes me now) point out that Kelly's face has a heck of a lot of "character" to it, and is relatively easy to capture in a drawing.

Here's one from about a year and a half ago, the one that got the ball rolling on my current interest in sketching as a hobby. This was done in pencil.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
Admiral Adama?

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »
 :yay:

BINGO!

I was purposefully leaving it open, wanted to see was he really recognisable :D

Technically, though, he's Commander Adama there. It's from the miniseries, right before he made the announcement about the attack on the colonies.

one more...

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
Charles Tucker the 3rd, aka "Trip"?
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 02:48:13 PM »
It's actually supposed to be Lee "Apollo" Adama from BSG. It was drawn on the same page as his dad. Fair guess, though I can see that in him.

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »
Nice work there Bren. Good job on the likenesses.  :thumbsup:

Especially McCoy, one of my favorite characters in Trek.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 02:35:50 AM »
Wow how did i miss this??? LOL

I enjoy seeing fellow artist and their doodles.   I'm impressed!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »
Thanks man!

I drew this after watching the ball-tighteningly brilliant end to the scrotal-singularity-inducing 4th season of Breaking Bad.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »
Like the last picture. I always thought it was some kind of movieposter for a half life movie. Gordon freeman bald!

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »
Yeah, that's what I though when I first saw it. I actually added in the top of his head because you can't see it in the poster I referenced this from.