Author Topic: Phase II Bridge_Model WIP  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
Phase II Bridge_Model WIP
« on: January 07, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »
As promised, I made a second version of the TMP bridge (which needs only the array of lights with strange shape) and converted it into the Phase II bridge, the one that was planned for the never-made episodes :cry:
This is based on the pictures found in Google Images, with some licence ;)
I'll probably change the tactical station to make it more canon.
I hope you'll like this bridge, if my skills will grow enough, it will use the same scripts of the TMP Bridge, the differces are in some part of the model and in the textures, that are more TOS-style.

Enjoy!

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: Phase II Bridge_Model WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:46:03 PM »
Great work, I love the hint of TOS coloring, even without the textures :D

But how do you decide what's "Canon" on a bridge that was never aired? :P

Speaking of the tactical station, are you going to be putting in the huge plexglass inverted hemisphere that sticks out of the wall beside it? It's cut off the edge of any version of Minor's painting I can find online, but you can see the hole they cut in the wall to install it in these photos...

If the photos don't load for you, I got them here

I'll get a photo of the painting as it appears in my The Art Of Star Trek and Star Trek Phase II: The Lost Series books. You can see the sphere. It's translucent, and has a grid pattern laid on to it. It is shaped like a hemisphere protruding from the wall, with another, slightly smaller hemisphere subtracted from it.

Relevant text from that site:
...In addition to the extra doors (including one which we must assume is a toilet), there is a large, transparent hemisphere (called a Weapons Defense Center Viewing Screen) which acts as a target mechanism for Chekhov when a combat situation is encountered.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:51:03 AM »
Cool retro chairs - wouldn't look out of place on a JJ bridge  :P    Nice work.  Hope you get it ingame  :thumbsup:  

EDIT:  If you do intend to get this ingame and use Baz's anims,  before you do anything else you can save yourself a lot of hard work by ensuring your bridge dimensions, doors and seats match same positions/scale as Baz's TWOK bridge.  Easy enough to do:  assume using Max?  And have nif importer?   Import Baz's twok NIF and freeze convert to single mesh. Then you can overlay it with your bridge (but do not change twok position or orientation  :nono:).  I'll assume it'll be a perfect match if your scaling correct.  If not,  best to tweak your model to match, then you'll know Baz's anims will work perfectly with yours  :dance

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »
But how do you decide what's "Canon" on a bridge that was never aired?

Eheh! More canon to the images we have ;)

Update: the hemisphere is done, I made a balance between a model that doesn't needed a lot of modifications to the wall's structure and the planned one.
I rebuild also the tactical station, as before, I add some personal touch to it (in one shot we see that this station should be more rectangular).
The textures are proceeding...

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
Heres the promised image, sorry it took so long! The concept art is a little different to what you've modeled, but who knows how they would have ended up building the practical set element if the series had gone ahead?

I've also just noticed in that drawing that the console to the immediate right of the viewscreen sticks out of the wall at a right angle.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline WillDecker

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 06:48:16 AM »
I was taking a look at this and your TMP Bridge and all I can do is just  :bow: . The TMP and Phase II are my favorite of the bridges. Keep up the good work  :thumbsup: