Author Topic: Andromeda  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
Andromeda
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »
I thought this was deserving of its own thread since I can't find any. I just started watching this show again (god bless the internet) and wow this show was pretty good (even though I remember the last few seasons sucking) the ships seem more realistic (they need carriers to get messages out, physics, weapons) the characters aren't that bad and the stories follow a good arch with other small arcs under the main ones. Plus I love the names of the High Guard ships! I remember the last few seasons sucking, but I did miss a bunch and it has been some years since I've seen the show. I'm curious what everyone thinks of the show

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Andromeda
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »
I've got the first season on DVD, and I don't see why people rag on it.  Maybe it gets terrible in the later seasons? :idk:

I do agree that the names of the High Guard ships are pretty cool.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »
I've seen most of the series. I find it rather mild.
It's not that good but not terrible either.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
I watched whole first and second season, third not too much, never got to fourth... dunno... I liked Tyr, he seemed to be a cool character :P

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:48:27 PM »
I didn't mind the series that much, I kept trying to watch it all the way through, but the channel i was watching it for some reason keeps skipping the first 3 seasons.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:31:59 AM »
I like it cause its less focus on technobabble and more on story, the sad problem alot of good scifi shows fall into. But after reading more it looks like they fell in the other direction by using super natural to explain anything where as they could have made the final season about assembling a massive fleet of ships and uniteing all the worlds to fight the magod instead they use "galatic super being order" bs. I believe this subject needs in own thread.....

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »
Always a pretty schlocky show, from the themetune on. It felt like wannabe Star Trek, and indeed, it was developed from a similar idea of Roddenberry's. It was fun to watch, but Seamus Harper was incredibly annoying. His "funny" quips were enough to make me change the channel on more than one occasion.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:33 PM »
Finally got into the third season, all the episodes are on youtube btw. So far i'm seeing some weak episodes, strong episodes, but generally their mostly good, not great or bad, but good. The opening to the third season sucked though and left me with alot of questions, I hope they explain the new enemy, I did really like the episode when they found a old earth ship

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 05:53:49 AM »
just watched season 4 finale and felt like haveing deja vu ... again Andromeda is in helpless situation, worldship punches nasty holes from it's gun again, but at least they changed those overgrown monkeys into real adversaries with guns and armors (magog).

What I really liked about this episode was that they finally made Trance a bit more important character than before also fourth season is massive improvement over first, second and third, I'm glad they finally replaced those cartoony fx with some more up to date sequences :)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »
On the strength of that, I think I'll check out the 4th season. Might be a nice fix for my ever-present Trek-withdrawal.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 10:31:04 PM »
I used to watch the show faithfully when it was on, thought it was pretty good tbh.  Loved the design of the andromeda ascendant.   :thumbsup:

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 12:18:28 PM »
Andomeda Ascendant wasn't the only beauty there :P Lexa Doig was hot :D especially when they got her back to show in mid fourth season ;)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
Andromeda was hot! In every incarnation (ship, android and hologram). Lexa Doig was smoking hot! :)
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera