Author Topic: How do you change the overall brightness on the bridge?  (Read 864 times)

Offline spder15

• Cookies: 0
How do you change the overall brightness on the bridge?
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
I'm trying to mod a bridge and I want to make the bridge darker in some areas and lighter in others. I've tried the lightmaps but they don't exactly do what I need. I've seen others do it and I was wondering if somone could show me how.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: How do you change the overall brightness on the bridge?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »
I'm trying to mod a bridge and I want to make the bridge darker in some areas and lighter in others. I've tried the lightmaps but they don't exactly do what I need. I've seen others do it and I was wondering if somone could show me how.

When you say seen others do it, can you give us an example?  And perhaps a better idea of what trying to achieve, and which bridge? Changing brightness levels on lightmaps should give you what you want -  myself, Barihawk and others have done just that. Unless you're after something more complicated/radical.  In which case you'd have to remake/relight the bridge as a bridge mod.  

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 07:19:29 AM »
Ussualy done it by changing lighmaps brightness/contrast value, in some cases I also change textures, see original Enterprise B bridge http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Enterprise_B_Bridge;58794 and my retexture http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Generations_Enterprise_B_bridge;94926, this effect was achieved by both lightmaps and diffuse textures alterations

Offline spder15

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
Oh ok,thank you it worked just right.  I guess I was just mistaken. Sorry for the confusion.