Author Topic: BSG Online Beta  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
BSG Online Beta
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:26:05 AM »
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Re: BSG Online Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 03:01:11 AM »
Didn't even know the beta had opened.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
I'm guessing since its Open beta now I can talk. I was in the closed beta... I did not find it that great... I dunno. couldn't get into it.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
The controls and the flight model are crap, but otherwise, it has potential.

Decent graphics, reasonable faith to the show - with in-universe explanations for most of the concessions to the game format.

The structure is as-yet simplistic enough, and there's very little direction in how to get ahead in the game, but it's got BSG in it's blood, it's clearly identifyable in the show's timeline, late season 2, before Apollo took command of Pegasus.

The storyline sets up the MMO structure well enough.

It's got real flaws at the moment,  :banghead: but hopefully they'll be corrected before full release.

Some of the control issues seem to have been sorted, the input lag on ship maneuvering has been cleaned up significantly. I didn't realise it had gone open beta... I'm just hoping they sort the flight model. It's too Star Trek Legacy at the moment.

Edit

Just an update to say that between my previous play, and a few minutes after I posted this, they'd gone to open Beta, and fixed a lot of the control input lag and some of the nastier flight model issues. Flaws remain, but it's much more playable.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 01:00:49 AM »
I just finally got cleared for the beta, I have to agree the flight controls are argravating at best, it sucks to be chasing a target then all of a sudden the camera flips and now your changed directions. sigh I hope they can fix that issue

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:14:09 PM »
... compared to Black Prophecy this game sucks big time... and I'm not talking about graphics wchich are cool for a browser game but I'm talking about controls and turn like combat (doesn't work too well btw.) ... I mean it's good when it comes to capital ships combat like in SFC but not in fast paced fighters combat game, it makes all the maneuvering pointless cuz guns aims automatically.

This would work for RPG game (like it did in KOTOR) but not here...

As a BSG fan I'm quite dissapointed TBH

Offline Vedic

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 05:28:29 AM »
The Hel-Class ... ugh Mini Base Star, looks pretty cool, but it seems to of been inspired by the Covenant, but the Covenant do have awesome ship Designs, so who can blame them. 

I haven't had chance to actually play the game, mainly because my Computer would Blow up if I played the game. But the  game  dose looks like it has promise.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »
I've been playing it alot in the last week or so and I gotta say I'm getting pretty addicted and I'm having fun

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:20:08 AM »
I did start this game recently, it has good ( music ) and bad sides ( controls in general ).
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
I still play, I'm on the scorpia server, which is well know for its balance issue. Either the colonials are to powerful or the cylons are to powerful. Right now since the last player swap, alot of the top wings switched over to the cylon side which meant they finally ruled the map again for about a month, but its balanced out over the last 2 months, always fun battles happening