Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 375 times)

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
The Sims Medieval
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone else plays any of the Sim games - I started out with SimCity 2000, and have played or tried out all of the Sims titles at least once - but there's a new one coming out in three weeks, The Sims Medieval. I would get this from the standpoint of 1)I love the Sims, 2)I love medieval stuff, and 3)I'm a megalomaniac, so this fits me perfectly. *grin* Granted, it may just be hype without substance, like some of the other recent Sims games, but I remain optimistic...

Anyone else even remotely interested in this?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »
Looks like they're stepping back into RTS/Management style games.  Should be interesting.

Offline Side 3

• Cookies: 1
  • All glory to the Haruhi-toad!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:02:39 AM »
I look forward to my Sims catching the black plague.  :funny

I may try it out, but I don't know, I tried out Sims 3 but something seemed like it was missing, I can't figure out what it was...

I haven't really been following it myself, my attention has been focused toward L.A Noire and Warcraft.  :doh: I do hope it turns out to be awesome, though!

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »
My mother and I are Sim fanatics. Well, actually, it started out I was playing SimCity 2000 and 3000, then got into the original Sims, and then introduced that to Mom...and she's been at it ever since. Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3...me, I've kept it to Sims 1. Limited in terms of customization, but sometimes the oldies are best. It's a pity I can't get SimCity 2000 to work on this PC (damn 64-bit Windows)...

I'm also into medieval fantasy, which is why I've clung to Warcraft for as long as I have (close to fifteen years now, heh), and I'm into building stuff...I started with castle building in (appropriately) Castles II, and also Stronghold and Stronghold: Crusader. My understanding is that in Medieval, the castle and such will look largely the same regardless, but still, I'd like to see how this works out.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter