Author Topic: Baz - BCC names and trek in-jokes  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Baz - BCC names and trek in-jokes
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »
Apologies if this already known/seen  but been watching TNG re-runs and came across this in ep, which I thought was quite funny re: our Baz.   :)

Curious whether anyone else come across any BCC/trek coincidences?  I'm assuming Baz took his BCCname from somewhere else rather than from shuttle.  My BCCname from other source, but is also coincidentally the name of Klingon boss in EF2.  Spooky or what  :idk:

PS:  think shuttle would make a good TNG-era travelpod replacement.  

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: Baz - trek names and in-jokes
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »
I'd wager it's a play on his own name personally. :P

But yeah, that's immensely spooky, both accounts!  :funny

EDIT: Damn, the Time Squared vortex always mesmerizes me.  :facepalm:

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Baz - BCC names and trek in-jokes
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
both my former and actual nicknames - Dr McCoy/Bones - were obviously based upon my fav TMP character ;P

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »
Wish i could say my handle came from there but the truth is my name is Barry for my sins. :D
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »
My name came from my first online nickname, for my first online game of Halo, back in 2003 or so.  The idea was that I am really good at sniping, so I thought first of Earshot, but liked the look of FarShot.  And thus... a legend was born. :funny

If anyone wants to take me on in Halo though, prepare to get your face pounded. :P

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »
to be honest, my name in this community is taken from the name I used to use in BC multiplayer, the default name was ACE, so ACES_HIGH seemed like a natural extension at the time.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »
Mine is from a ship that I created back in High School, the U.S.S. Eclipse, NCC-74569.  I had even made an entirely new class called the Continental....I really need to go through and revamp that ship LOL Quite possibly be my next ship once i get a bit more experience in with the Titan :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »
FarShot is also the name of the alien Sniper weapon from Perfect Dark on the N64. X-ray Vision and can shoot through walls lol  :P
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 02:00:25 AM »
For some reason, I was "ooh, Darth Maul, twin-blade lightsaber" when I first saw Episode I, when I was about twelve years old (alas, at the time I had not heard of Exar Kun, who had his twin-blade lightsaber about four thousand years before the events of Episode I), so I came up with "Joshmaul". There have been a few prefixes to go with it - "Darth" in the beginning, of course, but these days I commonly use "Emperor"...something to keep in mind in the event I ever became ruler of my own empire. (Which, in a fictional sense at least, has happened many times. Emperor Joshmaul the First, heh...) Occasionally I've used "Warmaster" or "Admiral" to go with it.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »
Dalek. Simples. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Vedic

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »
Vedic, after the Bajoran Vedics, i just liked the name,

Offline Darran

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »
I used to go by Gracer back in the BCU days which was just a typo of my surname Grace, Darran Charles (hence my current name)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
for those of you who might know me in other communities, I also go by Captain Hunt, or some variation thereof, that's the main character of my fanfic.  And no my real name is not Jonathan Hunt. :roll

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 07:46:15 PM »
ummm ya, im pretty sure my bc name isnt tough to figure out lol
when i first joined to bcu back in early 2003, i couldnt be bothered to be clever lol :P
and then then i forced everyone to know my cat's name :)

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
ummm ya, im pretty sure my bc name isnt tough to figure out lol
when i first joined to bcu back in early 2003, i couldnt be bothered to be clever lol :P
and then then i forced everyone to know my cat's name :)

What's your cat's name again?  *runs* :P
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »
For some reason, I was "ooh, Darth Maul, twin-blade lightsaber" when I first saw Episode I, when I was about twelve years old (alas, at the time I had not heard of Exar Kun, who had his twin-blade lightsaber about four thousand years before the events of Episode I), so I came up with "Joshmaul". There have been a few prefixes to go with it - "Darth" in the beginning, of course, but these days I commonly use "Emperor"...something to keep in mind in the event I ever became ruler of my own empire. (Which, in a fictional sense at least, has happened many times. Emperor Joshmaul the First, heh...) Occasionally I've used "Warmaster" or "Admiral" to go with it.

Of the Reydovan Empire, aboard the command ship Discovery, teaming up with Picard to give Challon's Pterawing a pasting :p

Ah, the glory days :D
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 12:49:47 AM »
I actually have several different names on several different sites. Mine here, Toa Kaita, and another one I use, Destral, both come from Bionicle, and another name, Thedarkarcon4(7) comes from StarCraft's Protoss Dark Archon.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
I give you all one guess about were i got my name from.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 08:09:32 PM »
I give you all one guess about were i got my name from.

Killing all wookies? :P *runs*

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:25 AM »
Mine is from Seven Deadly Samurais. I just liked the name, but I'm only one so...
http://bp2.blogger.com/_FbsmggQTI2o/RymMiLz7HyI/AAAAAAAAAD0/a8gMboeQW8g/s1600-h/seven.jpg

Vedic, after the Bajoran Vedics, i just liked the name,
Name fail, lol! It's spelled Vedek. :P