Author Topic: Looking for a Specific Sound Effect From ST:TNG  (Read 863 times)

Offline The Stig

• Cookies: 4
Looking for a Specific Sound Effect From ST:TNG
« on: March 12, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »
Wow, the last time I posted here was many moons ago. Feels like the BC community has been going on forever now... I still remember the days of BC Universe forums. :D

Anyway, I'm looking for a very specific sound effect from TNG, namely the incoming hail beeping sound which comes from the tactical console. I thought it would make a good incoming message tone for my mobile phone and have been looking for a good, clean sample of this sound ever since. Before anyone mentions it, yes I have Googled it. No-one seems to have ripped this particular sound. I'm not totally hopeless at sound editing, so if anyone can suggest a TNG episode with the time index where I can record a good, clean sample of the sound (by that I mean as little background noise as possible), I would be very greatfull.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

-Stig

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Looking for a Specific Sound Effect From ST:TNG
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
the Generations soundtrack has a selection of clean TNG sound effects

Offline The Stig

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. :) There is the distress call sound on that one which isn't a million miles away from what I'm looking for. Would be great if I could find the incoming message sound from the TNG series though.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »
I know there's another album with TOS sound effects I wouldn't be surprised if there's a TNG one out there somewhere.

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »
Try these man. 2 different variations on the TNG hail sound.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rqz8yhnrsvv34n9
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
There's an episode, I think involving the Shelliak, where Picard paces around the bridge while that sound plays in the background while he checks the dust on the plaque etc, funny scene, and a good source for that sound.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline The Stig

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
Thanks for the tip Bren! That episode was "Ensigns of Command" if I recall correctly? I'll have a go with my sound editor. :)