Author Topic: JL Studios Downloads  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: JL Studios Downloads
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 11:41:12 AM »
Is there an updated Prometheus hardpoint file that I need?

I've finally managed to get a chance to play with the new Prommie, and while it does look great, the hardpoints themselves seem to not make much sense. For example, torpedos are firing from the very tip of the triangular saucer section, when there is no pyhsical torpedo tube modeled.

Another issue is that the phaser and torpedo sounds didn't work. This was an easy fix, but I found it odd that I was the only one having an issue with the sound effects. The torpedo placement thing, is just odd.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 12:47:01 PM »
Don't really think it's down to me to release fix unless jb says it's ok.    And I'm not even sure anyone else had same problem. 

But, with jb's permission, be more than happy to release registry changes:  USS Equinox and USS Rhode Island for Nova, and USS Thunderchild for Akira.  With caveat I've halved texture sizes (I find 2048 textures make no difference and just slow down things) and made minor changes. 

Ok, thanks.

I agree with you about the textures sizes. I have a pretty beefy system but 2048 (except for close-in screenshots) don't really add anything to the game except slow-down. Nice to have them as extras though.

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
I don't know why you have had any problems Lurok, you shouldn't have needed to make an alpha channel on some as they are redundant, that's what the LM textures for. Still looks like you have problems on the nacelles.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
Can you say specifically what problem on nacelles?  glows not bright enough?   I can fix that easily.  

EDIT:  ignore above.  Found nacelle problem and fixed.  And owe apology as seems alpha problem wasn't with initial download but occurred during tga resizing.  Anyway all fixed now...

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 11:37:39 AM »
isn't there a Stargate Bridge pack coming out soon?
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
Nope that's on back burner if I recall. Only major mod coming out is the delta quadrant pack before jb06's retirement
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »
:eek oh. well some guy with a Dalek as his avatar has STARGATE bridges in his sig.
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

Pirates.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 01:55:03 PM »
Limey may still be working on it, I don't know!  I just know JB06 is stepping down after the DQP is released.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 02:13:42 AM »
The two stargate bridges which are in Limey's sig will be released by BR32 soon. They are done, he's just finishing off the little bits. ;)

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:47 AM »
SWEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!  :dance :bow:
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 06:10:10 AM »
HOORAH!  :yay: :yay: :yay: Finally, Authentic Daedalus battlecruisers! I hope they use Stargate alert sounds and not ST ones. GO GO LIMEY!

Pirates.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 08:10:51 AM »
HOORAH!  :yay: :yay: :yay: Finally, Authentic Daedalus battlecruisers! I hope they use Stargate alert sounds and not ST ones. GO GO LIMEY!

That's why I've handed the bridges over to BR32... He's doing the sfx for it

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »
Probably not a Bad Ideer
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?