Author Topic: some planned ships for BC...  (Read 981 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
some planned ships for BC...
« on: April 15, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »
These ships are in commemoration to 2 of Englands greates warships,

first off, The victory class USS Victory, this is after the HMS Victory, which is in permanant drydock in portsmouth and was a ship that was part of the battle of trafalgar(i think)

the second ship is the Warrior class USS Warrior, this was one of britains first steam ships, made of steel and iron.

im thinking of designs as fast as i can, if anyone wants to help me out here then please let me know :D , as i feel these 2 ships, and many more which i will come too, all deserve to be commemorated in some way we can all enjoy.  :D

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: some planned ships for BC...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »
Queball already beat you to at least half of your list :P he made Victory class USS Victory then it got new textures from me few years ago but still I'd love to see new take on the class, maybe some refinements to the model ? now I'm looking at it and I can see at least 10 ways to make it ultra cool and up to date ;)

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:01:10 AM »
first off, DAMN IT QUEBALL...... :banghead: :D

secondly, these are gonna be completely different to his designs, more on the majestic side of things
anyways, these are taking time to do, i hope i can get started soon though.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »
ok small update, i have the victory's registry number made up and im now working on the design, im thinking its gonna be a quad nacell but not in the normall fashion. :P

its registry is NX-87352, i cant wait to get this modeled XD

also before anyone says "do it youself" i can only redo meshes from a pre existing template and redo Tri's one at a time....

attached is the dorsal and side view's of the ship, this ship should look better in bc than it does on paper.

BTW the scanner squashed the side view by 7.5% so itwill have to be modeled 7.5% longer...

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »
CHECK THE POST ABOVE THIS FOR AN UPDATE.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 02:40:39 PM »
I like nacelles placement, although I can see some problems with warp field already with this config ;)

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
by the time this ship was introduced starfleet had solved that warp field problem. :P

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »
you mean the "environmental Damage" that was pointed out in a Next G ep?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
yeah, that and that the field WOULD have torn the ship apart.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
heres a small pitch or ya, if im seeing this correctly your putting 2 nacelles on one pylon per side, BUT i had this idea for the arsenal that the 4 nacelles would be in a "lay" down pattern in combat mode, and then have to MVAM into the x shape for warp, unfortunately the nacelles were too damn big to pull it off, but i think you could make this work with this design, keep your nacelles in the pattern shown on the dorsal view, have them lay flat for normal impulse cruising, and then MVAM them to the x pattern like the X-Wing fighters do. just a thought, keep up the good work!
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »
thats a pretty neat idea CyAn1d3, i probably wont use it on this ship, but the othe ship i mentioned may be able to use it, but it will be like this, 1 nacell looks like half a nacell, so when the two on each side are at impulse they look like 1 nacell each side, but as soon as you enter warp, the whole X-wing idea kicks in and makes the ship look awsome, the second ship will also be able to pull off a prometheus in a tight siuation.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
OK so the victory class is pretty much ready to be modeled, aside from a for view which will be easy for me to do, so if theres anybody the slightest bit interested on giving these ago for any reason, let me know here or in a pm.