Author Topic: BP Core bugs  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
BP Core bugs
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
After a while sorting my instalation I decided to install BPCore, so I got the one on BCFiles: bridgeplugincore2.rar
it installed fine, and I did run the game after installing it (as aware of that bug). now, in some bridges the crew is completely messed up, in others, just a few are misplaced or start misplaced and then recover their position.
also, it seems it has completely messed up my QBA installation. I can't use Addships, or intensive scan, or ACO, or any QBA-based scripts I had.
if I disable the mod, the crew seems to be normal again, although some QBA features are still disabled.
I tried to get a console report but it looks like there's no output, and on the mutators section I saw that "Foundation Technologies" is above all the other mutators, as if it were updated or something. does this mod actually overwrite FTech?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BP Core bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:54:33 AM »
It doesn't overwrite FTech.

The reason why it's that high is because BP needs to enter the system quite early. And the currently released version relies on FTech for it's timing (no longer in the current internal version) for animated maps. So it imports FTech and poof, the mutator is created, and it will appear high.

I have QBA myself and I haven't noticed problems.
How don't they work?

I'm afraid I don't know the cause of your crew problems. Can you describe it (or screenshots)? That hasn't happend on any of the public builds.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:17:49 AM »
they are either floating in space or turning on an offset axis instead of turning aligned with the chairs.

some QBA buttons simply don't show up. and I can't get a console report. all I get is the list of mods I have installed and what versions.
to explaing it further:
I installed BP
run the game (opened it)
tried to find a BP mutator and all I found was "Per bridge loading screen". so I enabled it.
loaded QB and the game frozen then crashed with windows error window.
restarted BC and re-enabled some mutators. same error.
disabled everything and left QBA and FTech on. started and got the crew problems.
enabled the BP config on UMM. restarted and QBA still offline.
restarted and disabled some bridges plugins. QBA still offline. crew still messed up.
disabled everything and left just Ftech and NFX on. crew fixed on the stock Sovereign bridge, but messed up when loaded the Ambassador bridge (still getting messed up on any bridge, except the initial bridge. Galaxy bridge seems ok.)
I have KM, BCSTB, NFX, and lots of other mods which I enabled and disabled several things getting the same problem: QBA off and crew messed up.

I'll post some screens when I get home. i don't have bc here

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »
ok, i managed to fix it partially.
I changed FoundationFixes20030217.py to a previous copy I had and Addships and the other QBA mods now load.
but it's not fully fixed. the QBA mods seems to fail differently: Transporter don't restart if I transport to a ship then end combat, ACO don't reload after ending a combat, neither RDS, Marines, or Mines.

Bridges are still messed up, but only when I choose a specific bridge on Saffi's menu. the Stock Sovereign bridge is ok, also the Galaxy bridge.
I'll try to dl new versions of the bridges I have, just to discard outdated mods and such.