Author Topic: Torpedo Replacement  (Read 728 times)

Offline AKAMrWraith

• Cookies: 0
Torpedo Replacement
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:13:44 PM »
Hey all, was wondering if some one could tell me how i could change the torpedos on my CG Sovereign to torpedos from basically all my other Fed ships.
I am running Kobayashi Maru 1.0. I really only know how to install an entire mod but not how to change smaller things like this  :hithead: help would be greatly appriciated  :dance

Thank you

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Torpedo Replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »
first off what torps and why?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline AKAMrWraith

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »
Right that would have been kinda important to include... haha The photon torpedos are what im trying to replace because im really not a fan of the ones included in the CG SOV

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
BCUT is your friend.
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline AKAMrWraith

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:08:29 AM »
Thank you ill have to to give BCUT a shot, was hopping it would be as easy as copy and pasting some files but ill get it done with BCUT.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:29:22 AM »
well, you could do it by copying and replacing the torpedo files, IIRC, the ones for the CG are CGphotorp.py and CGquantum.py in your scripts/tactical/projectiles folder, but that isn't really the best solution, since you are completely replacing the files.  However, BCUT allows you to change the file which the Sovereign calls for when you fire the torpedoes.  It is quite easy to use, and there is a tutorial.  For more complex changes, you can also use Model Property Editor, which is a tool in the SDK that allows you to edit any attribute of a ship's hardpoint.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
After you install BCUT, just go into scripts/ships/hardpoints in you BC root folder, once there just load up the PY file. IF you have a PYC and a PY, delete the PYC, but if you only have the PYC, it gets more complicated, and there is a tutorial on how to load them into MPE and save them as PY files.

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline AKAMrWraith

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Some more troubles just my luck  :bitch: so im in BCUT and im using the hardpoint tweaker and when i go to load my hard poitns from Scripts/ships/hardpoints the folder is completely empty sorta confused  :idk: I am going to keep looking at the tutorials but if one of you guys know whats wrong plase let me know

Thanks again

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:27:13 PM »
Some more troubles just my luck  :bitch: so im in BCUT and im using the hardpoint tweaker and when i go to load my hard poitns from Scripts/ships/hardpoints the folder is completely empty sorta confused  :idk: I am going to keep looking at the tutorials but if one of you guys know whats wrong plase let me know

Thanks again
did you change the locations in Options?
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline AKAMrWraith

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 09:33:54 PM »
Yeah the location is correct, still no idea why nothing will show up  :idk:

Offline AKAMrWraith

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »
YES figured it out!  :yay: needed to copy the original .py file from the src folder to scripts but now i am stuck again.. haha dont know what to do to change the torpedos to what ever the torpedos used by every other fed ship in the game. I am guessing i need to find what ever the file is for those torps and paste it in the the boxes labeled torpedo script 1,2,3,4?

thank you again guys 

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
find the file name, the torps for all KM feds are different so it doesn't really matter