Author Topic: TNG Remastered  (Read 14406 times)

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
Re: TNG Remastered
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »
I just hope that CBS will show the TNG remastered episodes on TV.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2012, 12:35:45 AM »
TNG season 1 intro in HD

And the Later seasons intro

And Saucer Separation

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2012, 03:22:22 AM »
Hamana-hamana-hamana...

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2012, 07:43:04 AM »
Wesley, warp fabulous, engage!

Well Patrick Stewart did play a gay man in an episode or two of Frasier! XD
I miss :bigdance:

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »
In those HD intros, is it just me, or does the person walking in the conference room seems a bit... clunky?
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
I think personally it's a person pacing, meaning there movements can be somewhat erratic.  When you're in a room walking around, I sincerely doubt you just walk across the room back and forth from one end to the other at a steady pace.  You'd complete your movements very quickly and the entire movement would be pointless.  He might have walked a bit, looked out the window, then kept walking.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »
I like the intro's, they are welldone. The saucer seperation scene looks good but the close up part of the stardrive still looks like a model from a kid (windows that are chunky cut and paste)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
non of the windows are stickers....
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
Great improvment!

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
non of the windows are stickers....

Neb I think what he means is cut and pasted post production not decals per se

However I don't think he understands fully how they make those shots
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
As a graphic designer working with stuff like this, i do know how. But i don't think it just looks good that scene.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
Well I know it's early, but there may be just a sliver of hope for getting an HD DS9 release after CBS finishes with TNG...

http://www.startrek.com/article/todays-the-day-tng-on-blu-ray

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2012, 01:48:39 PM »

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #214 on: February 11, 2012, 09:56:38 PM »
I spotted the CG model they've got at CBS-Digital that the Okudas have said they have to plug any gaps in the effects footage. I imagine it'll be seen very infrequently. Took a screen-grab, it doesn't look like a re-use, and looks pretty damned accurate to the 6-footer!

There's a hint of registry lighting there, though - that'll have to go before they integrate it into any episodes. The Enterprise-D never had registry lighting, afaik.

I spotted it http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wis3HpE5onY#[/youtube]t=83s"]here, in the TNG-HD Season One trailer.

Quote from: TrekMovie.com
TrekMovie: Speaking of "Sins of the Father," I noticed that the opening shot of the Enterprise and the Klingon ship looked a bit different. Was that computer generated? And how do you choose when to use a CGI version of the Enterprise or other ships?

Mike Okuda: Virtually all the ship shots are the original film elements. Occasionally a film element won?t be found or will be unusable for whatever technical reason. In that particular case, that was not a CG Enterprise, that was actually a new matte painting. However, they do have a digital Enterprise, because we know it will be needed at some point.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #215 on: February 11, 2012, 11:48:23 PM »
Bren...they're using Tobias Richter's Enterprise...this isn't news at all.  Take a look at the Saucer Separation remake and you'll see it.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:27 AM »
WHAAAAAAT?! :eek

Wow, that's awesome! Where did you hear that? When I first spotted it, I immediately thought of him, and went through his progress thread over on SciFi-Meshes, but I only found rumour and speculation, no confirmation from the man himself.

Also, the deflector on his model is a slightly different shape, it seems to me.

I'm obviously not going to point to colouring or materials, but the mesh proportions and certain shapes seem off. Also, Richter has erroneously left the Generations aft-nacelle tags on for his TNG version - not that they'd be difficult to remove.

You could still very well be right, though - the deflector's apparent shape changes a lot with the viewing angle, for example. It's a testament to CBS and Richter's abilities that we seasoned starship eyeballers are having such difficulty distinguishing, not only which CG model is which, but where a CG replacement has occurred in TNG-HD and where it has not!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2012, 08:25:53 AM »
No bren you're not seeing things.  That deflector is way off from what I can see. Hell not just the deflector it's the whole front end of the secondary hull, the shape of it is well out.  The nacelles are wrong too.  Bussards seem small to my eyes and the nacelles themselves look like they're the wrong shape.
Could be my eyes though. 
Then again I'm simply glad that TNG is getting a HD redux :D
I miss :bigdance:

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »

It's still only speculation, but compare the lighting of those two shots to your photo bren.  They do match up.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:31 PM »
Ooh, excellent point, Eclipse - the window lighting patterns do seem to match... but... :D

Did the window config on the 6 footer ever change on any of the footage shot for the series? It's not something you'd ordinarily pay attention to, but it's likely that the same windows were lit at all times, since changing it would require opening the model up and rearranging the window "blinds".

SO...

It's conceivable, though unlikely, that both the putative CBS-D modeller and Tobias paid just as much attention as each other. :)

I admit, it's a stretch. You're probably right, and it's a made-over Richter-D.

Which is Frickin' Brilliant!!!