Author Topic: TNG Remastered  (Read 14093 times)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: TNG Remastered
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2012, 08:36:03 PM »
And that's one reason I hated the early TNG uniforms, as well as the low neckline. The later ones look much more professional, and more militaristic... Though the early DS9 and Voyager uniforms seemed to go slightly less "military styled", in my opinion.

I believe that was intentional - they wanted them to have more of a boiler-suit feel, O'Brien's penchant for rolling his sleeves up was designed into the costume from the beginning. Hence the more workman-like material, and the occasional visible zip on the sternum line.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
And that's one reason I hated the early TNG uniforms, as well as the low neckline. The later ones look much more professional, and more militaristic... Though the early DS9 and Voyager uniforms seemed to go slightly less "military styled", in my opinion.

I believe that was intentional - they wanted them to have more of a boiler-suit feel, O'Brien's penchant for rolling his sleeves up was designed into the costume from the beginning. Hence the more workman-like material, and the occasional visible zip on the sternum line.

Both of you are correct..

DS9 season 5 uniforms were enough proof to show that the feds were suiting up to be military again.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »
those uniforms (late ds9/nemesis) uniforms were the best looking IMO...

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »

Agreed. Thou I did like the Early DS9/VOY uniforms as well.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »

To me, they're tied with the Wrath of Khan ones. WITH the turtlenecks, heh heh.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2012, 07:21:36 PM »
Loved the TWOK Uniforms, those and the late DS9 ones tie for best in my opinion. Later TNG style a close second.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2012, 07:57:16 PM »
My favs were the last ones... the grey ones.

I thought they were the most well-thought out and the dress versions of them were also very cool.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »
true but some people looked fat into it, and the feds looked a bit "old" in it..

Actually, the voy 'living witness" and the yesterday enterprise uniforms weren't bad either.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »
On Monday July 23rd at 7:00 PM (local), theaters across the USA will be showing two episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation in HD. The two episodes are Ep. 106 ?Where No One Has Gone Before? and Ep. 114 ?Datalore,? both of which are part of the TNG Blu-ray set which comes out the next day (July 24th).

The event will also include exclusive looks at the massive restoration of season one, never-before-seen interviews with the original cast members and behind-the-scenes looks at the artists who created the original FX elements and photography during the making of the show. Audiences will also be privy to an unseen sneak-peak of ?Measure of a Man.?

THEATER LIST

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
WOOHOO!  birthday present!!!
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
Will have to go to Brassfield one in Greensboro :D That's the closest one to me LOL
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
I just got my tickets, so excited!
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »
Would be great. But i live on the wrong continent.  :cry:

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
I was thinking, it would be awesome if they had a theater event every year.  Think of BoBW on the big screen.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2012, 06:35:09 PM »
I was thinking, it would be awesome if they had a theater event every year.  Think of BoBW on the big screen.

Yes, First Contact would be trumped!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
especially if they snuck in some never-before-done CGI battlescenes of Wolf 359 or whatever...
granted that would never happen but how friggin cool it would be if it did!

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
especially if they snuck in some never-before-done CGI battlescenes of Wolf 359 or whatever...
granted that would never happen but how friggin cool it would be if it did!

Would be awesome indeed.  What would be more awesome if the transfer was from the original film reels rather than the videotape copies made way back when.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2012, 02:30:29 PM »
All the remastering has been from the film negatives captain_obvious, can't see why they would stop unless they can't find them.

Season 2 trailer

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »
Okay, I don't know if everyone here picked up on this little detail from this story at Trekcore:

Regarding DS9 on Blu-Ray: Director of Multimedia at CBS Television Distribution Ryan Adams said that CBS are putting this decision in the fans? hands. However, Adams assures fans DS9 HD "is officially on our radar now." He made it clear that CBS want to engage with the fans who are part of the process. "If this is what you want, make it vocal ? especially now with social media, Facebook, Twitter, Blogging ? you guys let us know what you want next. We want to please the fans and give them what they want."

It's time to get our asses to work!

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if they had that same attitude about a new star trek TV series..........