Author Topic: Baz1701 bridge WIP  (Read 18463 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Baz1701 bridge WIP
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »
I didn't forget about it either ;) currently I've covered communications, engineering, damage control, aux (behind cap'n chair) and weapons control as well as universal keypad for all major stations as well as universal keypad for minor stations ;) real life buisness pinned me down with further progress so progress is really slow compared to what i used to pull of in few days :P

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
  • Cookies: 8
  • Shoot first ask questions later
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2014, 09:48:27 AM »
ST IV bridge is in the works.
Thats awesome, I didn't intially look back at the older posts but just thought I would bring these pointers up and just from looking at images posted on BCC

- The Reliant Bridge having had a look at your own and the source material the Relaint Bridge's  Turbolift Doors beading was also painted in a type of blue and the blue you appear to be using should be more blue I think.
http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/twokhd/twokhd0421.jpg
- In your final relase versions will the lighting and consoles/alert screens be more like in the movies.
http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmp2/tmphd1243.jpg TMP Bridge at Red Alert Mode
- Having gone through the blue ray versions of the movies that feature these bridges their are moments within the movies when the klaxon has less waste noise should any availible klaxon sound files not meet your specfications.
- For the Star Trek IV Enterprise A Bridge for the Red Alert Klaxon I would suggest using the Klaxon from Star Trek V as it sounds like it fits best with the ST IV Bridge rather than a TMP or TWOK/TSFS

[ Invalid YouTube link ]_8Urw#t=48
ST V Red Alert Klaxon proposal for ST IV Bridge ^

Just a few thoughts

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
I doubt red alert lighting from movies can be achieved in BC due to engine limitations ... it can be done with changing textures swaping (Baz already done that with previous release)

That red alert klaxon sound exactly like the one i did couple years ago for TMP bridge (Prometheus bridge retexture : http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Early_TMP_Miranda_Bridge;86406)

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2014, 11:23:47 AM »
I doubt red alert lighting from movies can be achieved in BC due to engine limitations ... it can be done with changing textures swaping (Baz already done that with previous release)

That red alert klaxon sound exactly like the one i did couple years ago for TMP bridge (Prometheus bridge retexture : http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Early_TMP_Miranda_Bridge;86406)
Does't sound too bad and nice that there are two a TWOK Era Red Alert and then an alternative TMP style Red Alert without additional siren. One thing I would say is, is their any way soften the klaxon as it sounds a bit harsh to the ear compared to in the movies.

Also which program did you use to record the klaxon and then filter out the music voices e.t.c ?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
I didn't capture that sound, I used the one available for all TMP bridges, cut it, mixed it and there it is ;) I'm using Audacity for sounds editing (luodness, pitch etc.)

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
I didn't capture that sound, I used the one available for all TMP bridges, cut it, mixed it and there it is ;) I'm using Audacity for sounds editing (luodness, pitch etc.)
https://soundcloud.com/wrstone/star-trek-the-motion-picture-4   Is there anyway audacity could capture this?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »
Nope, it's not sound capture software, it's just for editing ;) I bet there are ways to get this sound captured ;)

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
Nope, it's not sound capture software, it's just for editing ;) I bet there are ways to get this sound captured ;)
I have managed to capture it and put into the game with no quality loss and it sounds epic :)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2014, 03:46:52 AM »
Awesome, I'm gonna try to get hold on Kobayashi Maru alert (the one you hear when Savik orders the crew to abandon ship) both should fit perfectly on those bridges :)

Offline TK421

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »
There has been some amazing work on these bridges done so far. I am sure Trek fans will be very impressed with the final result for each of them. My favorite remains the Ent-A bridge from STIV. What a thrill it will be to play as the Enterprise from STII, then the Enterprise-A from STIV. It was so iconic even though we only saw it for a very brief time in that movie.

These bridges continue to amaze me. Often I am at a loss for words describing how great they are.

Bridge Commander remains the finest PC game for every Star Trek fan.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2018, 02:35:46 PM »
There has been some amazing work on these bridges done so far. I am sure Trek fans will be very impressed with the final result for each of them. My favorite remains the Ent-A bridge from STIV. What a thrill it will be to play as the Enterprise from STII, then the Enterprise-A from STIV. It was so iconic even though we only saw it for a very brief time in that movie.

These bridges continue to amaze me. Often I am at a loss for words describing how great they are.

Bridge Commander remains the finest PC game for every Star Trek fan.
I'm glad you're enjoying the bridge and the game!  This bridge in particular was released a few years back, so you can play it anytime:  https://www.nexusmods.com/startrekbridgecommmander/mods/1494

As a general rule, we don't encourage bumping old threads (unless you're the original person who started it).  If you have any questions or feedback for us feel free to create a new thread.  :)

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this down since the bridge was completed years ago.