Author Topic: 2012 Star Trek Co-op for 360, PS3 and PC  (Read 11456 times)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Re: 2012 Star Trek Co-op for 360, PS3 and PC
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »
Been reading some of the reviews.  They don't look good!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »
It's the weapon charging stations and tricorder minigames, isn't it?

Indeed ;) also, some rooms look similiar in design, even those black/grey/white suits look like hazard suits

Been playing some more time and the voice acting is strange, sometimes it's good but then there are dialogs that are plainly boring and so are the voices... not to mention mouth animations, they look a little bit '05-'06

but those are all technicall details and little bits, overall it's a really nice Trek game ;)

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:30 AM »
The best Trek moment I had was when the first you-know-what came at us out of the turbolift.  My buddy and I both fired at it with stun by instinct instead of kill, then incapacitated it with a nerve pinch.  Good times.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2013, 07:49:46 AM »
My copy should be here Monday, but that's D&D night so won't be able to play it til Tuesday...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
I can't really recommend playing it solo, because it's Daikatana all over again, instead of a help from the other player, I had to constantly watch over him, takes all the fun from the gameplay ... but then again a random co-op player isn't fun at all because some players minds do not work as you would think  :funny sometimes they are dumber than AI (which brings back memories of a co-op mission in Battlefield 3 - fire from sky or something like that - when I got gunners seat in Viper and the pilot was a total noob and couldn't even fly straight  :funny )

apart from those small quirks and bugs, this game is really growing on me :)

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
Mine arrived today. I don't know about this game. The controls are a little clunky and seem to have a mind of there own sometimes. The story seems interesting, the Vulcan female is hot and the voice acting is great.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2013, 06:41:45 PM »
My copy should be here Monday, but that's D&D night so won't be able to play it til Tuesday...
Just realized that I made an unintentional Generations joke...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2013, 05:09:22 AM »
Just realized that I made an unintentional Generations joke...
that's a good one  :funny

I've finished the game and I'm not sure what to think, I could compare it to the most recent Mass Effect 3 DLC (the Citadel), ST is just a little bit longer but still too short, nevertheless it was fun, just felt like a good action packed episode in a series.

Offline Cube

• Cookies: 5
    • DJcube
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »
I finished this yesterday, and I loved it. I thought the plot was great (one of the things is a bit overused but it let them be much more creative with enemy variations), and the dialoge was mostly great (Urban didn't seem too bothered, but Pine, Quinto and Pegg were great). I thought the gameplay was pretty decent. The rooms had multiple routes that can be used if you wanted to be stealthy (which was immensely difficult, but fine as it was optional), I thought the levels were nice and varies - the cave level was a nice break in the action, plus it isn't Star Trel without the cave. I also loved the arena part - with nods to the classic series and controlling a certain fight.

There were some bugs, but they were occasional. 12 hours was also a decent length for an action game (it's also pretty cool how the game length matched the story length). I loved seeing various sections of the ship, too. Sickbay was nicely designed and massive, the turbolift section was great, and I liked the engineering they had in it (speaking of that, I wonder if it's the design for Into Darkness - it's much better than the Budwiser Bottling Plant). It actually felt like a massive ship designed for spending a lot of time on it's own.

Even if you weren't a Star Trek fan, this is far from being a terrible game (like some sites are saying it is).

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »
Yeah, IGN absolutely hated it, but then, they also liked Sonic Unleashed, so we can't all agree on everything. :P

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »
Yeah, IGN absolutely hated it, but then, they also liked Sonic Unleashed, so we can't all agree on everything. :P

And the general consensus I heard for Unleashed, from Sonic fans no less, was that it sucked. "Professional" critics are odd.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2013, 12:59:25 PM »
I believe it's called "bribery".

The ending was super abrupt.  It was like, "Okay we wo-"*cut to black*.  Are we posting spoilers yet?
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
I believe it's called "bribery".

The ending was super abrupt.  It was like, "Okay we wo-"*cut to black*.  Are we posting spoilers yet?

I thought it was just me :D glad you noticed that too, it was indeed one of the biggest disappointments I had with this game, thus it felt like a two part episode ;)

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »
And the general consensus I heard for Unleashed, from Sonic fans no less, was that it sucked. "Professional" critics are odd.
Half of it was kinda good.  The other half was f-ing abysmal.

EDIT: Got my copy from GameStop today, along with a free KREO TOS Enterprise.

EDIT 2: Well, liking it for the most part, kind of disappointed in the whole "explore never before seen parts of the Enterprise" promise.  I was kind of hoping for something like Mass Effect where you could walk around parts of the ship in between missions.  Did like the shuttlebay interior and someone needs to get the Steam version and try to rip those shuttles.

EDIT 3: GODDAMN THIS STUPID STARBASE!!  I have been stuck here forever!  Damn glitch got me while trying to find Bones, then Spock got stuck and I had to kill myself...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2013, 03:49:25 AM »
Let me guess, you failed at some point and when reloaded in a last checkpoint, nav point is stuck on that checkpoint ?  :funny I had this issue with not being able to progress because of those damn navoints getting stuck ;)

....and  when played solo, Spock frequently couldn't get to the other side of the console to help me hack it = going back to the last checkpoint  :hithead:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2013, 07:44:28 AM »
No, I didn't fail a damn thing, but the nav point never changed, I got completely lost.  And when I reloaded, I couldn't change weapons which was a problem cause I couldn't stun the infected red-shirts, and when it DID finally change, Kirk wasn't holding a weapon at all.  :banghead:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2013, 08:21:58 AM »
I doubt there's much chance of an unofficial patch coming out for this game (a la skyrim) xD

Btw, the new tomb raider is 50% off on steam atm!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
I doubt there's much chance of an unofficial patch coming out for this game (a la skyrim) xD

Btw, the new tomb raider is 50% off on steam atm!

:bitch: how nice ... I bought TR last month ... oh well, could've wait a lil bit longer  :banghead:

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »
:bitch: how nice ... I bought TR last month ... oh well, could've wait a lil bit longer  :banghead:

:D

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2013, 11:36:28 PM »
Meh, when I get Tomb Raider, I'm going to try to nab the Collector's Edition.

EDIT: So, just did the part with the officer's quarters on the Enterprise.  Not only do we know their location(the rounded area just below the bridge), we can see just how swank this new ship is.  My goodness, I don't think even the D had a crew area that large and nice.

To Boldly Go...Again.