Author Topic: So.... Time to get a new HDD  (Read 272 times)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
So.... Time to get a new HDD
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:29:16 PM »
So, my computer tells me I'm running low on space LOL Time to get a new HDD.  I've put all my entire "My Documents" folder into my External HDD that I use for my Karaoke business for now.  Also, until I find an HDD I'll be playing BC from an external HDD Source (when I find an HDD to go inside the case that I have so I can transfer said files from the Karaoke HDD to the new one that is).  Fun times indeed!!!  Does anyone know if they still make 160 GB HD's in IDE format?

Just thought I would point this out for some people out there...80 gigs is NOT enough to run an operating system.  For me 160 will be plenty.

jb76 edit - renamed thread title for clarity
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
RE: So.... Time to get a new HDD
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
So, my computer tells me I'm running low on space LOL Time to get a new HDD.  I've put all my entire "My Documents" folder into my External HDD that I use for my Karaoke business for now.  Also, until I find an HDD I'll be playing BC from an external HDD Source (when I find an HDD to go inside the case that I have so I can transfer said files from the Karaoke HDD to the new one that is).  Fun times indeed!!!  Does anyone know if they still make 160 GB HD's in IDE format?

Just thought I would point this out for some people out there...80 gigs is NOT enough to run an operating system.  For me 160 will be plenty.
I did a quick google search and got a ton of hits, they're all about $40-50

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
Yay!!! :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 260
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:37:26 PM »
That's a pretty good price... I need to get a HDD for my PS3 now... it's low on space... looking at 320 to 500 GB... Luckily my PC has no problem... I've fitted it with 2.5TB worth of Hard Drives. Next step for it is SSD's!