Author Topic: BCfiles issues  (Read 805 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
BCfiles issues
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »
As some of you may have noticed, the site has been rolled back. I do not know if this means everything has been lost or if things will be back. Either way, please do not submit or re-submit anything for download right now, including POTD, news, ect, as there is no sense posting until we receive an all clear. This likely has something to do with attempting to repair the image broken issues on the site as well as our difficulty uploading mods. I will update as more information is available.

If you are looking for a reliable way to share mods, dropbox.com provides a free utility and 2gb (I think) of storage and you can share files publicly with it by way of links. It would also be a great way for mod team members to automatically share things between computers, so you should try it anyways. It only shares what you tell it to with those you give permission to.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Freyr

• Cookies: 0
Re: BCfiles issues
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »
All clear.

As explanation; The FileFront Network is ran by three servers.  You will be served by one of them for any page load, pretty much at random. 

The problem is that they are not all correctly updating.  If you sit on the main page and hit refresh repeatedly then you will cycle through the servers and get the latest files.  As you can see from that, the files are actually being hosted to the CDN correctly and thus safe.  News items and POTD's are likewise also stored correctly. 

It is a known issue, and has been passed to Break IT to investigate.