Author Topic: addships not working  (Read 1863 times)

Offline captblack

• Cookies: 0
addships not working
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »
   I have KM1.0 installed and ive used this mod before but for some reason you click the (addships) button in QB and it comes up blank, i tried reinstalling the mod but it still comes up blank, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  :)

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/addship;102893
now you see me...now you dont

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: addships not working
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
Console report.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:41:49 PM »
addships is part of KM 1.0 and up.. installing the mod from BCfiles will cause issues.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
I'm having a similar problem with my "play" install version with 1.0.

Code: [Select]
Outdated Foundation, updating functions
Outdated Foundation, installing FolderManager
Repairing ship description outputs...
Foundation Tech loaded
Gravity FX has been loaded.
BridgeFX Enabled...
CameraFX Enabled...
ExplosionFX Enabled...
SpecialFX Enabled...
WarpFX Enabled...
DS9FX Initializing...
AttributeError: PreLoadAssets
Trying to clean memory
Traceback (innermost last):
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\QBautostart\AddShipGUI.py", line 621, in CreateAddShipsWindow
    CreateWindowInterieur()
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\QBautostart\AddShipGUI.py", line 437, in CreateWindowInterieur
    BuildShipSelectWindow()
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\QBautostart\AddShipGUI.py", line 427, in BuildShipSelectWindow
i'm getting this constantly, and it seems to disable a few other mods while it's at it.  i'm starting to wonder if spyware or a Trojan goes in and tries to rewrite ANY recognizable words in files.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline captblack

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »
        I decided to reinstall everything and now it works! :) i dont know what caused the problem but i did find a way to get it working again.

*the pic below is what the problem looks like incase someone else is having the issue.
now you see me...now you dont

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »
i'm getting this constantly, and it seems to disable a few other mods while it's at it.  

Report the problem to Defiant.

i'm starting to wonder if spyware or a Trojan goes in and tries to rewrite ANY recognizable words in files.

No.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 07:22:02 AM »
yes, the pic captian black posted is exactly what I'm getting.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 04:36:42 AM »
i'm starting to wonder if spyware or a Trojan goes in and tries to rewrite ANY recognizable words in files.
No.
You sure Sov? ;)

As already said, its a bad idea to install the old version from bcfiles of the one in KM.

Also I believe the console output listet here is incomplete.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 07:27:08 AM »
that definetly isn't a reinstall.  i don't even HAVE the seperate install version of QBAutostart.  i never heard of it till i finally grabbed KM  could be because i dropped your BC stabilizer on top of my 1.0 play install (i have the '10 version on a seperate drive for use with Betas for SFRD)

the rest of the console report usually consists of "setting splash damage", and Torpedo errors (either nonexistant torp scripts in older mods, or, lately, species to type errorsj)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
I had the very same troubles, I am Not exactally sure of all of the implications involved, but when I turned Off MVAM add uninstalled the MVAM ships [except the galaxy and Prometheus came in KM]
I got my addships back.
Oh didnt unistall FedContrut ship.

My thinking is the computer graphics is overloaded and it cannot generate the split ships or cutscene.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »
that definetly isn't a reinstall.  i don't even HAVE the seperate install version of QBAutostart.  i never heard of it till i finally grabbed KM  could be because i dropped your BC stabilizer on top of my 1.0 play install (i have the '10 version on a seperate drive for use with Betas for SFRD)
The stabilizer shouldn't be the issue, its more likely something lke an MVAM ship as tiqhud suggested.
Can you please try the latest version: http://kobmaru.de/svn/trunk/scripts/Custom/QBautostart/AddShipGUI.py

Btw: Have you noted any effect from the stabilizer?

the rest of the console report usually consists of "setting splash damage", and Torpedo errors (either nonexistant torp scripts in older mods, or, lately, species to type errorsj)
hmm strange, because there is really something missing.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »
we may have a solution.

one of the recent ships we've worked on and released is baz's MVAM shuttlebay connie refit, which pops up everywhere
File ".\Scripts\Custom\QBautostart\AddShipGUI.py", line 427, in BuildShipSelectWindow
    dict_sides[key].AddChild(pButton, 0, 0, 0)
KeyError: SFRD_ConnieRefit512

there's not much difference with the stabilizer that I can notice, but I'm also running on a single core rig with a non aftermarket graphics card.  it takes a lot of tweaking and repair of obsolete drivers to get KMed BC to run smoothly on my machine.  hell, I had to download a 17 meg driver patch for my graphics card, plus all new drivers for things like the PCI bus on the processor just to stop 1024 textures from making the game skip!

since this is 1.0, and not 09 or 10 there's no "gc call" popping up constantly (which causes some choking occasionally on my beta-testing install)  otherwise, that's usually the entirety of a report i get for 1.0.  again, it's mostly Species to torp problems, or projectile scripts that get replaced in the release, but not corrected in the hardpoints.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 12:37:57 PM »
Quote from: Defiant
You sure Sov? ;)

Pretty much. If he was hit by ransomware he would know about it.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
I'm always hit with "Ransomwear" as you call it.  mostly in the form of trojans.  i have at least 6 antivirus and antispy barriers up.  part of the reason this comp is slow to react and process.  my mother was famous for sucking in spyware like it was candy every time she visited a website just to get ideas for something to work on.  ever since, I've deliberatly restricted my site visiting, and purge some of my mother's old bookmarks (she bought herself a laptop, and this one's now my comp).  it seems spyware is in every single ad in existance.  even most cookies are blocked.  unfortunately, I've picked the most mem-hoggy antispys in existance, and some still get through (i use multiples to clean up after the ones that missed a few pieces)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »
KCS - that is total overkill...  in fact, things may be getting through because some of your programs may be conflicting with others and some things might be false positives...
get rid of all that crap and get Microsoft Security Essentials...
that, and weekly scans with Malwarebytes and CCleaner - and youll be fine...
also, try Firefox as a browser with Adblock extension...  thats pretty much all i use, and have been for years, and i never ever have issues...

seriously dude - all that stuff you have is really unnecessary, and resource-hog doesnt even begin to describe it lol

but that whole convo can be for a different thread in a different forum ;)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 07:15:50 PM »
i dont know why but when i had the same problem a while agot, if you game is on T&L instead of the normal graphics card name, switch it and addships seams to work again, idk why though.... :idk:

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »
T&L?  if that's gaphics adjustments, i couldn't.  mine only has some minor swap capabilities.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
must have been a communication issue between the addships script and the T&L controller on my pc then.... :idk:

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »
T&L is in the BC graphics options not the gfx card options

though I don't see that as causing it.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 08:46:44 PM »
we may have a solution.

one of the recent ships we've worked on and released is baz's MVAM shuttlebay connie refit, which pops up everywhere
    dict_sides[key].AddChild(pButton, 0, 0, 0)
KeyError: SFRD_ConnieRefit512

I get that EVERY TIME I try to start up a quick battle in windowed mode!!  How do I stop that?!

To Boldly Go...Again.