Author Topic: Replacing Wav Files on an Existing ship?  (Read 331 times)

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

• Cookies: 0
Replacing Wav Files on an Existing ship?
« on: June 29, 2011, 01:24:15 AM »
I have really searched everywhere but I can not find anyone who has posted a thing like this. I am using the MPE to mod the Enterprise-J port from Legacy to look more like its original. I am working on the sound now and I have a problem. I have no idea how to change the phaser sound to a new wav file and it seems that the actual file name has nothing to do with the name specified in the sound text box. I am using a modified DS9 phaser with added sounds that was made with Audacity in Wav format. I really need help here I appreciate any!
Captain Zachary Lee: "Ensign Samison, set course for Starbase D-11. We need to patch up the pulse weapon grid before we head to the Haven Facility." Samison: "You got it captain. We are set for warp to UMDF allied station 11 on your order." Computer: "Zach, I have detected multiple Cardassian Hybrids warping into the region. They are headed straight for us, I suggest we go to Red Alert and that we proceed with caution since we are minimally staffed at the moment." Lee: "Agreed. Red Alert! Krys, supply the torpedo launchers with some more power to compensate for the non-functionality of our pulse array."  Xanstein: "Already on it." Lee: "Alright, let's see if these Cardassians learned anything from our last couple hundred encounters. Xanstein, fire at will."

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Replacing Wav Files on an Existing ship?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 03:01:42 AM »
Each sound in SFX/weapons folder has it's autoload plugin stored in scripts/custom/autoload, what you need to do is :
1. Download Bridge Commander Universal Tool (BCUT)

2. Install and then start it

3. Go to BC Tools -> Sound plugins

4. Add sounds, name them and generate plugin.

new plugin should appear in autoload folder, but only if BCUT recognised your Bridge Commander folder

then you simply put the name you've chosen for desired sound into the weapon sound field in hardpoint.

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:23:45 PM »
Thank you so much, that helped me a lot! The hard part now is figuring out how to replicate the Ent-J's phaser sound in Legacy since I can't find a sfx of it. Really this has been a huge help :)
Captain Zachary Lee: "Ensign Samison, set course for Starbase D-11. We need to patch up the pulse weapon grid before we head to the Haven Facility." Samison: "You got it captain. We are set for warp to UMDF allied station 11 on your order." Computer: "Zach, I have detected multiple Cardassian Hybrids warping into the region. They are headed straight for us, I suggest we go to Red Alert and that we proceed with caution since we are minimally staffed at the moment." Lee: "Agreed. Red Alert! Krys, supply the torpedo launchers with some more power to compensate for the non-functionality of our pulse array."  Xanstein: "Already on it." Lee: "Alright, let's see if these Cardassians learned anything from our last couple hundred encounters. Xanstein, fire at will."

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »
Great, glad I could help ;)