Author Topic: 2D overlay: 2D hardpoint positions won't budge.  (Read 600 times)

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

• Cookies: 0
2D overlay: 2D hardpoint positions won't budge.
« on: July 01, 2011, 06:15:23 PM »
Hi....again lol. I am using the MPE to rehardpoint the Enterprise-J that is seen on Legacy to be more accurate to the Legacy J. I have a problem with the 2D tactical overlay in which the hardpoint I want to move is "stuck" where it is. I even changed the X value to 10000 and nothing happened. Is this a scripting thing that has to do with the ship? This is an existing hardpoint just to clarify. Help appreciated.

P.S. If I am posting too much I will be more than happy to slow down, just say the word.
Captain Zachary Lee: "Ensign Samison, set course for Starbase D-11. We need to patch up the pulse weapon grid before we head to the Haven Facility." Samison: "You got it captain. We are set for warp to UMDF allied station 11 on your order." Computer: "Zach, I have detected multiple Cardassian Hybrids warping into the region. They are headed straight for us, I suggest we go to Red Alert and that we proceed with caution since we are minimally staffed at the moment." Lee: "Agreed. Red Alert! Krys, supply the torpedo launchers with some more power to compensate for the non-functionality of our pulse array."  Xanstein: "Already on it." Lee: "Alright, let's see if these Cardassians learned anything from our last couple hundred encounters. Xanstein, fire at will."

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: 2D overlay: 2D hardpoint positions won't budge.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
No, sometimes MPE, has a problem, and yep I guess you can call it a script error. You might have to recreate the property , you are making.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »
Use The Tactical Display Icon Editor available at BCFiles.  Way easier.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »
Also the 2d overlay is a Pixel Position on the Ships Icon (at least as far as I remember).
So its range is limited from 0 to 128 or 127 (I think that was the standart Icon Resolution).
Values larger than that won't do anything usefull.

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
Use The Tactical Display Icon Editor available at BCFiles.  Way easier.

Thank you, that fixed it. By the way I love your Enterprise-F and G, they make both good ships to play as and to fight against.
Captain Zachary Lee: "Ensign Samison, set course for Starbase D-11. We need to patch up the pulse weapon grid before we head to the Haven Facility." Samison: "You got it captain. We are set for warp to UMDF allied station 11 on your order." Computer: "Zach, I have detected multiple Cardassian Hybrids warping into the region. They are headed straight for us, I suggest we go to Red Alert and that we proceed with caution since we are minimally staffed at the moment." Lee: "Agreed. Red Alert! Krys, supply the torpedo launchers with some more power to compensate for the non-functionality of our pulse array."  Xanstein: "Already on it." Lee: "Alright, let's see if these Cardassians learned anything from our last couple hundred encounters. Xanstein, fire at will."

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
Thanks.  TDIE is a great program from Sovereign001.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 08:02:33 PM »
Thanks.  TDIE is a great program from Sovereign001.

Who's sovereign001 lol j/k

Code: [Select]
Me != sovereign001
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 02:07:42 AM »
DJ Curtis is it okay if I ask you a question? How many of your Enterprise Gs do you think it should take to take down the J? I know this is unrelated but it would be a nice reference for how strong it should be.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 02:24:52 AM »
I really don't have a clue.

And sorry, Sov.  Got you mixed up.