Author Topic: Regal Bridge  (Read 863 times)

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
Regal Bridge
« on: July 02, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »
I took a long break from making the Macet and that bridge, and when I came back to it, I realized I would much rather do a Federation bridge than the one for the Macet.  So I started looking around, and came upon the STO Intrepid Bridges.  They're huge!  So I started working on one based upon these for BC, specifically for my long-shelved (but soon-to-be-rebooted!) Regal.  It can be a huge bridge, simply because the actual bridge section on the Regal is enormous.  The four attached images are labeled by position.

I do have a few questions, though.  Is there a theoretical or actual poly limit for a bridge in BC?  The largest one I have on my install is an Intrepid (don't know the author's name) with 19k polys, and it seems to work fine.  Right now, this one is at 13.5k, but I expect that to go up considerably past 20 soon.  Another thing is the size.  Is there a size limit on bridges?  Can they just be as damn big as I want them to?

Lastly, I was considering adding the conference room as part of the bridge model itself, but with the gigantic windows on either side, I can't figure how I would show a starfield and not have it look ridiculous.  Any ideas on that?  If I can't figure out a good way to make it, I won't include it.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
Re: Regal Bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 03:30:42 PM »
Good start mate, don't forget to add the bowling alley, that bridge could fit it  :thumbsup:

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
Re: Regal Bridge
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »
And a wet bar. Nothing like a cold one on the rocks to take the edge off!  :evil:
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....