Author Topic: Almost home and my warp drive fails>  (Read 4593 times)

Tyramsey

Re: Almost home and my warp drive fails>
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »
OK the Sticky u gave me work to expand the menu for my Mutatators.
Hmm in some QB the AI doesn't attack or defend themselves.

Tyramsey

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
My AI's are NOT fighting back? And do you know where I can find the scrit for making my Menu for bridges. I have about 12 bridges and cant see them all.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 05:53:20 PM »
Alright, lets see.

The Seatbelt is for WalkFX, try the num keys (you may have to turn num lock on or off) or if those don't work, check your key configuration.

About the AI, it's possible a script error has occurred, please get a console report when you notice the AI not attacking.

About the bridge scrolling, you should have a mutator called: "Sneaker98's Bridge Menu Scroller" activate it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Tyramsey

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
OK in SAFE MODE I cant or it won't give me a report. But the Enemies ships do not attack or even defend themselves.  And yes I do have Sneakers98's bridge scroll but there is now way to scroll the menu in QB. I will try to reinstall.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
What exactly is "safe mode"?
You mean without the -TestMode?

Then please start the game with -TestMode (to be honest, I just leave it on all the time).

If the bridge menu scroller mutator is on, then try turning it off.
For some people this worked.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Tyramsey

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 06:41:04 PM »
Yes I did mean -TestMode, Sorry {:) OK going to try turning off and then on. There is an other thing that when I pick a single player mission in  QB it gives me a black screen which I can get out of by hitting Esc.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 06:44:32 PM »
OK going to try turning off and then on. There is an other thing that when I pick a single player mission in  QB it gives me a black screen which I can get out of by hitting Esc.
No I meant if it's currently turned on, then try running QB with the mutator turned off. And visa verca.

Tyramsey

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »
Again you are right, dear sir. I have my Bridge scroller w\all 12 bridges!!  :D Now about my single player missions in _testMode that the screen turns black. OH!! and about those AIs'  It doesn't give me a consule report when I hit ` and ENTER. It goes there but does not give any report.

Tyramsey

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »
Does this help?

Tyramsey

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 02:43:34 AM »
1) OK NOW I got my AI's working but they are going stupid fast. Also when I start QB I can this message:
"Scripts/Custom/QBautostart/FleetUtilsn.py has no init attribute."
What can I do about that?
2) OH, I looked all over for the Walk and float download or sticky and can't find it. I have the commands but I cant move for jack. And my CONF. doesn't tell me what keys they are in.
3) And I have the XOs' down load in which u can change your XO.  At the moment I have a male XO {LT Chakotay, I think} but I like to be able to change him and the crew but I dont have the Mutators.{ I also have the Klingons crew and I don't have the Mutators for the crew also.}

I know I am asking alot. But on Tuesday, I be in bed for awhile and I wont have Internet where I am going to be. Just a old Laptop which I am will down load all this to it when all is set.
Thanks again   

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 05:26:12 AM »
About the FleetUtils, it isn't an error, just a warning that the Fleet Utils QBA mod is outdated.

About the CONF part, you can click on it and it will allow you to reassign them.

Some uniforms don't come with mutators, and will directly overwrite your original crew.

About the console report, you downloaded a Main Menu mod that assumed that you have UMM installed, which was it?

Tyramsey

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »
Yes sir I did load a UMM. Should I reinstall the UMM? And If I remember correctly I think there was a Fix or something right? Or a upgraded one?

And in CONF., there is no command about walking or floating. So I cant assign any keys to them. Do you think I should reinstall?

When I down Loaded the file about changing my XO, it said that I will have a Mutators, (that will come with it) so that I can change to any other XO I wanted. And on this FILE I did reinstall it. I know I loaded down a Klingon crew also. Now, I cant seem to find them anywhere. {I think their shuttle was lost on the way to the ship.  :lol:} 

Tyramsey

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 03:32:28 PM »
OK I reinstall UMM and allot of things was fix. My Mutators, {but still no crew or XO Mutators for them} and the WALK\FLOAT Mutators, {which I can now reassign any buttoms. } Has for the message of:
 Scripts/Custom/QBautostart/Fleetutiln.py HAS NO INIT ATTRIBUTE. Well, I don't know what to down load.
 Also what is a LCARS?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »
OK I reinstall UMM and allot of things was fix. My Mutators, {but still no crew or XO Mutators for them} and the WALK\FLOAT Mutators, {which I can now reassign any buttoms. } Has for the message of:
 Scripts/Custom/QBautostart/Fleetutiln.py HAS NO INIT ATTRIBUTE. Well, I don't know what to down load.
 Also what is a LCARS?

Ok, about the crew or XO, it depends on the mod you installed. Not all mods come with a mutator. Some will directly overwrite your normal crew.

The "Has no init attribute" isn't a serious problem. Sure, it's annoying, but not a real problem. It's just a warning that it uses an outdated interface for QBA (QuickBattle Autostart) plugins. It will still work.
Your best bet is to find either a updated version, or find the original author and ask him/her to update his mod.

Tyramsey

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »
OK, thanks for your help and for your input. I think this thing is ready to really take off!! {:

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »
as far as the no init attribute thing, go to the script saying it has none (in Autostart folder), and add this to the end of the file:
Code: [Select]
def Init
     return 0
(case sensitive, and make sure there is at least one space before "return 0")
and that should stop that window from showing...

or, just wait until KM 1.0 (which you would need an untouched fresh install for)...