Author Topic: Almost home and my warp drive fails>  (Read 4580 times)

Tyramsey

Almost home and my warp drive fails>
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:19:47 PM »
1) I am posting a dump to see if you guys can help me again. BSOD after down loading some files. I am trying to get all the downloads from the STICKY LIST in the DOWNLOADS section. (Almost done.)
2) Also if anyone can help me by way of sticky or by telling me where I can find the Script that has missions {quickbattle missions} which one's warps back and forth from system from system being attack at every turn. And also u can go back and repair at space station 12. I really think I saw that script a week ago. I can't find it any where.
Any way, Thanks again.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Almost home and my warp drive fails>
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »
console report??
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 07:13:32 AM »
You installed the fix for NanoFXv2 without installing NanoFXv2.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Tyramsey

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 12:59:08 PM »
OK, do I delete the fix then? And install the NaoFX 2.0 Beta then the patch?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 01:17:55 PM »
OK, do I delete the fix then? And install the NanoFX 2.0 Beta then the patch?
You only need to install NanoFXv2 Beta.

I forgot to make it check for NanoFX v2 when I made the fix, since I assumed everyone would install NanoFX first.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Tyramsey

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 01:39:41 PM »
My bad, I thought I had it. Or I did when I first had the game but deleted it when I reinstall BC, awhile back.
OK, I downloaded the new NanoFX BETA and I Double Click on the BC-MOD file and it installed and yet BSOD. I did an other Dump report for you to see if this works.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 01:42:31 PM »

Tyramsey

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »
Yes sir I did. Just to be shure I am down loading again. From your sticky. But it is the same one.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 01:48:14 PM »
Yes sir I did. Just to be shure I am down loading again. From your sticky. But it is the same one.
Did you configure BCMI.Net to point to the right location?

Tyramsey

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »
Hmm, good question. I do have them both the MOD packer and BMCI, but I just double click on the file and it did the rest. I didn't know if I had to set anything else. How may I ask. Also can you please tell me what is the diffence between COPY a file to CUT a file ? While both you PASTE ?

Tyramsey

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 02:43:32 PM »
OK, I have down loaded the file from your sticky and still the BSOD w/arrow. I downloaded from the sight to my desktop then I just double click on the file in the ZIP DIR. and when ask where. I put it in the BC DIC. Including an other report.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 03:12:01 PM »
Right, copy, as the name implies, copies your file when you paste it.
Cut, again as the name implies, cuts your file when you paste it.

Copy leaves a copy at the original location, and cut doesn't.

Ok, go to start, Program Files.
Check if you can find BCMI .Net (or BC Mod Installer .Net) there.
Click it and go to Options
You can there set the directory right.

Tyramsey

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 03:16:41 PM »
ok I have both BCMI and the PACKER in the START\PROGRAMS. And now I have the options open in BCMI.NET

Tyramsey

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 03:19:16 PM »
Under options in BCMI I have Default which is Bridge 1

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 03:29:45 PM »
What is "Bridge 1"?

In the options screen, you see 2 radio buttons at the lower part, clicking the first should give you the default directory (Default Folder option in BCMI, but folder and directory are the same).

You should be able to check that it is positioned correctly by looking at the path above.

In your case you should see something like this (excuse the crappy ascii art):
Code: [Select]
C:\
  Program Files
    Activision
      Star Trek Bridge Commander

When you see that, then press "Save Changes" and you should be good to go when it comes to installing BCMod files.

Tyramsey

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »
OK done. Do I reinstall the Nano FX now? Hey Thanks again for helping me out and for explaining the cut and copy thing.

Tyramsey

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 03:45:12 PM »
Again, Mr Leo You rock!!! Thank you very much!! It is working. I just hope the other downloads I did went to the same place.LOL

Tyramsey

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »
Hey, in the Mutators I have allot of options to choose from but at the bottom I cant reach some of them. Is there some kind of script to fix this problem?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »
Hey, in the Mutators I have allot of options to choose from but at the bottom I cant reach some of them. Is there some kind of script to fix this problem?
There are various options.

My UMM is one of them.

But it currently has a couple of problems when it comes to combining missions with mods.
So I suggest you download and install this instead:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/DJcubes_Scrolling_Mutators_Pak;31485

That is, the NanoFXv2 version included in this.

Tyramsey

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »
Hey does SEATBELT..WALK MODE and FREE FLOAT means that I can walk alround the bridge? I can tfind the READ ME to to explain if it is and also how to.