Author Topic: Xbox 360 slim question  (Read 523 times)

Offline Vbeserk

• Cookies: 2
Xbox 360 slim question
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »
So, it's going to make an week since i got my Xbox but :facepalm: i have been into some very hard to solve doubt about entering on the Live, i have done some research over the net and i have discovered that it can enter on the net via a wireless system that has inside of it but then the easy stuff turned  into hard stuff because some people said that i should use an router to connect the internet but on the other hand some people said that routers don't work and the best is the notebook-xbox connection but as most of the people that i have talked to did said that the router was good i decided to ask here about which router to use on this case i don't want to buy a wrong one and my house turn into a big crate of useless stuff :P, any help will be appreciated.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Xbox 360 slim question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:24:54 PM »
you can use any 802.11N wifi capable router.  Anyone who says that doesn't work, probably has either got the wrong kind, or doesn't know how to set it up.

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »
you can use any 802.11N wifi capable router.  Anyone who says that doesn't work, probably has either got the wrong kind, or doesn't know how to set it up.
Ohh, i see but how do i configure them it's just put on the Xbox and it works or i need to set it up in the PC?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:28:24 PM »
I hope you got paperwork with your unit.  if it has a wifi bit built in, there should be instructions with the paperwork
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
the XBox should connect automatically, or at least there will be instructions for that.  For the router, you'll probably need to hook it up to your modem and configure it on your computer, again there will be instructions included with the router.

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
So ihave discovered that i could enter on the Live through an AD HOC connection crreated from the notebook but i can't connect the wireless conn with the internet connection when i go to the configuration of the net it is connected to the main wifi system of the notebook i wanted to reroute my 3G connection to my AD HOC connection but i don't know how to do it i've saw on the net that i need an wireless router and a cable connection but on the other hand some people say that it doesn't need the router but the connection is limited to 11 mb then other day i have noticed that my xbox could do an AD HOC but it only had 802.11b and g connections and the a and n i couldn't click on it so now don't know what i do this seems to be an easy thing but i don't know how to do it the integrated wireless system of the notebook operates on an 802.11N pattern and i don't know what the heck this means i need a very detailed tutorial or help of this i have seems all kinds of tutorials but all of them was for PC-Notebook or PC-PC connection, this is something that i'm not familiar with, i thank for all the help.

Technical stuff:
Notebook with Windows seven Home Premium

Xbox 360 slim with an wireless adapter in it.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:38:44 PM »
your laptop will work on wireless G connection so get your xbox using 802.11g

802.11b = about 11 mb/s
802.11g = 52 mb/s
802.11N = about 150 to 300 mb/s

there is no diff on the wireless setup between a pc and the xbox just the GUI interface

EDIT: NO SPAMMING THIS TOPIC PLEASE!
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 09:23:52 AM »
your laptop will work on wireless G connection so get your xbox using 802.11g

802.11b = about 11 mb/s
802.11g = 52 mb/s
802.11N = about 150 to 300 mb/s

there is no diff on the wireless setup between a pc and the xbox just the GUI interface

EDIT: NO SPAMMING THIS TOPIC PLEASE!

But it doesn't need to setup all of those stuff of IPs and DSL numbers? My Xbox says that operates on an auto IP setup and the notebook too, if doesn't need it will be the best because setting up IP and DSL numbers are very boring :P .

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »
heh... yeah that can all be set up (automatically) once you connect your xbox to the network just need to give it your network pass to connect.

though I don't know what your problem is now....
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
heh... yeah that can all be set up (automatically) once you connect your xbox to the network just need to give it your network pass to connect.

though I don't know what your problem is now....
I've think that i have found my problem the AD HOC connection can't acess the net because my net is the 3G one and not the one with cable
i think that this is the reason that the xbox don't connect it but i think that it has me because i have entered in the Microsoft site the
www.xbox.com and i have saw that is getting an error of configuration but that is an wi fi connection nearby my house that my xbox picks it up and acess it but the signal is too weak and when is in the middle of the update it disconnects i wanted to see the configuration of the wi fi signal to try to copy it to my notebook but i think that the connection of this wi fi signal is by cable and when it gets to the PC there is an wi fi router, i know that there is an xbox adaptor that amplifies the signal of detection of the xbox, i wanted to know if there is another way to amplify the signal with an network adaptor? I have an network adaptor that works on 802.11g.