Author Topic: London Film and Comic Con  (Read 720 times)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
London Film and Comic Con
« on: July 10, 2011, 04:37:01 AM »
So took the Wife and baby to Earl's court London yesterday for the London Film and Comic Con.

Good day out and a host of stars from the past were there.

Enjoyed seeing Walter Konieg again and Brent Spinner for the first time.

Only dispointment was after seeing both Walter, Brent and Cory Fieldman and stage for the cost of Admission Dr Who's Karren Gilliam was charging for her Q&A session. She was also lock away in  private signing both so did not even get a glimps of her.

Other notable guests were (all out in the open for all to see):-

Christopher LLoyd, Richard Hatch, Kenny Baker, David Prowse, Veronica Cartwright, Clive Barker, Christopher Lambert, Alex Kingston, Jeromey Bullock, Sylvia Anderson, Sylvester Mccoy with Sophie Aldred, Mark Sheppard, Some guy from Twilight (the wife knew him), with some Harry Potter supporting cast and a host of actors that appeared in either Star Wars, Dr Who or other Scifi from the past
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: London Film and Comic Con
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 04:49:14 AM »
awesome!

Would've loved to have been able to make it to a convention like that...if only for Christopher Lloyd.  "Great Scott!"

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:22:31 AM »
I still can't help but think "Poor guy" every time I see Walter Keonig.

Damn! That must have been awesome, I didn't hear anything about it!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:45:45 PM »
I'd forgotten about this. :(

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:05 AM »
DAMNIT, wish id have known about this, also watch out, whenever Patrick Stewart's around, Brent is always there to pull a Data pun during one of Patricks Q&A sessions, you should see the youtube videos XD

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »
I saw that pic of Brent Spiner.  You talk to him any?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 06:47:31 AM »
I saw that pic of Brent Spiner.  You talk to him any?

Not much. I just said to him that I appreciated his work he had done over the years, asked him if he would autograph my copy of First Contact on DVD, and he said I could take a photo if I wanted.
I think he might be a germaphobic though because the look on his face when I presented my hand to shake his was that of disgust. I wasn't insulted as it's perfectly understandable, I just wish that I had known prior to doing so.

My cousin met with him a few minutes before I did, and he told Brent that he isn't a Star Trek fan (which is true), and Brent burst out laughing, saying that it was a relief to meet someone who wasn't a fan. My cousin got an autograph picture for his brother though, who is a huge TNG fan. :D

When I met Walter, I was going to express my sorrow at him losing his son to suicide a while back, but I didn't as I thought that would be too personal.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.