Author Topic: Minecraft-The Herobrine Encounters.  (Read 394 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
Minecraft-The Herobrine Encounters.
« on: July 23, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »
Im starting this thread because i want to know how many people who play minecraft have encountered Herobrine, either on an SMP with others or in SSP by either summoning him or encountering him in their worlds, if you have screenshots please post them if you can, im interested to hear the stories, seeing as i never got to encounter him before he was removed.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: Minecraft-The Herobrine Encounters.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:08:12 AM »
Those are all rumors.  The first Herobrine encounter was a hoax arranged by some guys on a server.  There's never been a code to summon him, nor a texture file in the game for him.  He's about as real as Captain Picard (can't say Bigfoot because there is actually a legitimate chance.)

By the way, if you see any videos on YouTube of SMP Herobrine encounters with summoning and so on, those are mods.  Notch had hinted before of adding Herobrine in the game, but once he was confronted with the rumors he said that Herobrine has never been nor ever will be in Minecraft, aside from mods of course, but a similar super rare but powerful mob may be added at some point.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:57:54 AM »
in the latest patch you'll see a line stating notch just removed him :P (though that could have been a joke to get people to stop talking about him)
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
well i do have some proof of his existance, i have a very outdated jar file as a backup (i backup every time theres an update to be safe) and his texture is there in the mobs folder, ive also played that jar in offline mode and tried to summon him, it does seem to work. this jar file is back from minecraft alpha.

but anyways, i want to hear the stories of anyones encounters if theyve had em, because i do know that summoning doesnt always work, and he does appear randomly.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »
I'm not sure what you're smoking :P, but http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Herobrine.  Maybe if you got your Minecraft from someone else, they had a Herobrine mod installed.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
nu uh, notch did at one point add him in the game as a secret content thing, i brought minecraft from the official site no mods completely clean, i do know with a mod you can summon him in smp but on a clean copy of the game in SSP hes randomly around the map. or was untill now being supposedly removed, notch said that a while back and it was a joke.

anyways im not hear to argue about if hes real or not, i just wanna hear the stories!