Author Topic: Delta Flyer/Valkyrie/Type9 - new side windows fix WIP  (Read 8137 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Delta Flyer WIP
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
Thanks for all feedback.

Saffi and Mig easy to silence.

Viewscreen target centreing - hmmm, tricky one because of off-centre view.   I tried to get compromise so could see target ship from starting seat (and also adjust with zoom in/out)  but also from rest of bridge if move around.  I'll tinker a bit but I'm not sure if I can get it deadcentre as I suspect people might want.   But it's easy-peasy enough for anyone with nifskope to try themselves. Just load up viewscreen, right-click on plane and transform edit x.y.z axes. 

I take it the vray look went down well.  Must admit it's an improvement on earlier lightmaps. 

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
Quote from: Lurok
I'll tinker a bit but I'm not sure if I can get it deadcentre as I suspect people might want.
Just do your best man I'm sure it'll turn out okay.  :)

I take it the vray look went down well.  Must admit it's an improvement on earlier lightmaps.
Agree.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2011, 11:03:38 AM »
Just a final word on viewscreen centreing:  I set it up so player had best poss centre on target from ops seat rather than rest of bridge.   If player moves out of seat anywhere on bridge (other than into helm area),  target goes offscreen. Unfortunately I can't see compromise where can see target from start player position and   rear of bridge.  If anyone wants to experiment, by all means feel free.  But I'm going to release as is on assumption qb player will stay in ops seat, in which case should be fine. 

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »
I agree just like the type 9 bridge if you sit in the default position everything fine, but like you said its easy for the user to change that for there own prefrence. The hard work modelling and texturing has been done for me, that vray effect does add a certain edge to bridge again thank you and well done

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »
If it's any help (you probably know this) the stock bridges had the viewscreen modelled like a pane of glass filling the frame, cut to shape and everything (iirc). I experimented, years ago with adding random spheres and bits and bobs to the viewscreen.nif on the Dbridge. It worked ok, but the image was distorted and enlarged because it was trying to stretch to cover all of the viewscreen surfaces.

In short, there can be multiple parts of the viewscreen, and it can be non-flat, and the image will try to stretch to reach all corners of the viewscreen.nif.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline crazyhid

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »
i cant Freakin believe you have a working delta flyer set !!!!! AMAZING work!!!!!
 is it possible to put stars on the side windows ? Just it kinda looks bare with it being all black, On the other hand i loved how you sorted the problem of the front window !!! always thought that would be far too difficult to pull off !!!! Great Job

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
Looks fabulous !

Oh u know it gurl! *snap snap*  :P

Fo sho, sure looks snazzy. Though if I may add? I think the textures on the walls could be a little higher-res than they are. Noticing a lot of 'blur' and 'pixelation' on areas that ought to be crisp and sharp. I realize it's an old game, but why not break away from the stereotype of "It's an old game, so it has to look like an old game"? Just a thought. Just throwin' it out there... yep... just, ya know... keepin' it real... >_>;

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2011, 06:22:30 PM »
Teh Bonezz is alwaz right !

Me says its fab. then its fab.

my only suggestion is to put those funky shields on side windows ,Danube has those on it's side windows

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:36 PM »
It is a damn shame that no matter what, there really isn't a good compromise for side windows...you either have blank, or you have a static starfield...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »
could always model the side windows out, make a plane as the glass and put an animate starfield flyby texture on it.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
or make it less painfull to eye and put blanc (in this case danube styled windshileds) winds ... bettert that way

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2011, 08:15:43 PM »
Teh Bonezz is alwaz right !

Me says its fab. then its fab.

my only suggestion is to put those funky shields on side windows ,Danube has those on it's side windows

Hot damn yes finally someone is speaking a word of common sense!  :D love ya Bonesy
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 11:21:31 PM »
Can't wait to take the old Delta Flyer out for a spin, once more. Will not do so until the cockpit is out. Nice one Lurok!  :yay:
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »
Can't wait to take the old Delta Flyer out for a spin, once more. Will not do so until the cockpit is out. Nice one Lurok!  :yay:

Amazing once more Lurok!
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline CDR_Daxian

• Captain_Daxian
  • Cookies: 3
  • On a Mac and still playing Bridge Commander.
    • Captain_Daxian Mods
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »
that's freakin' AMAZING Lurok91, nice job!

your bridges always turn out nice.
Captain_Daxian
BC Amateur Modder and mass consumer of Coca-Cola

All my mods are destroyed... Time to make new ones!

My Website

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2011, 05:42:43 PM »
Still working on some changes (and other stuff) before final release.  

In meantime, further experiments with new Nemesis Sov Bridge.  Having tried the EF2 version ingame realized though it's better than stock BC, proportions still not right and was proving awkward to change to get it to look right.  So went back to stock BC and resized it to movie proportions (basically lower set height, and wider) with consoles changed to EF2 versions.  Plus a bunch of other changes.  Still a WIP but this is where at so far:

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
very interesting!
cant wait to try it out!

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »
me neither
looks amaizing lurok!
good work as always.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
Very nice Lurok.  Have a cookie.  :)

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2011, 01:53:38 PM »
my only nitpick is the LCARS and ceiling lights at red alert, they look a little...weird and by weird i mean  the LCARS just look redwashed, are you planing to use the texture swap on those at red alert?
also the lights around the edge of the ceiling look a little underdetailed, are those just placeholders?
i also noticed that the textures for the consols looks a little blured, but i know your working on that and everything else i noticed, anyways,
sorry if this is coming off a little strong but itll confirm some things for me and others.

EDIT: lurok, could you send the files for the enterprise E bridge over to me?, i think i can make some of the textures look less weird and blurred, and i also had an idea id like to try with this bridge using some textures i have lying around on my BC gaming machine.

EDIT 2: none of whats is said above is meant to cause any offence in any way, because wnything lurok does for BC is awsome!