Author Topic: Delta Flyer/Valkyrie/Type9 - new side windows fix WIP  (Read 8130 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Delta Flyer/Valkyrie/Type9 - new side windows fix WIP
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
Some first renders of Flyer WIP.  Obviously not lightmapped yet so will be darker in final version. Still quite a bit to do/make and remake but figured enough to give a sense of how it's shaping up. When get round to scripting, Kiska will be at helm/Paris position; Brex at rear seat/eng.  Still to decide whether to place player at tactical/science,  or ops position (left side facing forward).  May depend on where best view to front window, which I hope to boolean out the various shapes so there'll be clear outlook to viewscreen.  

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: Delta Flyer WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »
 :drool: friggin awesome  :thumbsup:
cookie!
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline AdmiralKathryn

• Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:17:47 PM »
^^ Totally agree!

Can't wait to re-enact 'Good Shepard' or even the funny scene at the begining of Renaissance Man XD

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
Brillant I have wanted this bridge for years and it looks amazing so far. The front windscreen needs to be wider though or have you do this to make a better viewscreen

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »
One of BC's most anticipated bridges.  I'm liking what I'm seeing so far Lurok my friend keep it up!  :yay:

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »
lurok that front view screen needs to be about 7% bigger, it looks too small for the exterior.
but this is a bridge ive been wanting to see for ages good job on this! :yay:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »
Some new renders of lightmapped interior.  Tested ingame and loads up fine; just need to do anims, scripts etc.   Getting the front window right for gameplay is going to be tricky and involve some non-canon compromise but hopefully will work ok.   Still quite a bit of  texturing and detail to do on interior - wouldn't be flyer without Paris' levers etc - and making some new chairs.  So probably about a week-10 days off beta test.   At this stage only going to release main cabin;  aft section version may come later.  

Offline Morgan

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 09:57:02 PM »
Quote from: Lurok
Getting the front window right for gameplay is going to be tricky and involve some non-canon compromise but hopefully will work ok
Lol that's pretty much the story with any BC mod, so no worries :) .  You're off to a great start here, my only suggestion here would be to do some straightening of the front window design (clean up the edges and what not, just some polishing essentially - size looks good).  I'm sure you've noted this yourself and are working on it, but I just thought I'd give some feedback.  The rest of the set looks stunning.

I know this question is bound to come up eventually:  are you planning on doing both the original Flyer and the second one or just the first one?

Offline leemason

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 03:32:29 AM »
Front window looks bigger in that last screen shot, whats wrong with chairs they look great in the screen shots. By the way I am glad I beta tested your last mod it took me days before I could download it from file front its getting fustrating seeing new mods come out and getting broken links come file front sort it out. Sorry Lurok your thread back on topic I love this and now with this delta flyer bridge I will have a complete set for my Cgi voyager pack :yay:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
I know this question is bound to come up eventually:  are you planning on doing both the original Flyer and the second one or just the first one?

Just first.  If anyone wants to retexture to second, more than welcome.   First ingame shots:  ambient level about right, though have to brighten about 20-30% as red alert state is black!  

Need some serious practical input from ingame bridge users:  viewscreen works at large size from straight on (needs a few tweaks).  If stick to original plan to have player next to tactical, will need to adjust screen so can see from offcentre but will essentially be same as from helm.  So choice is: player at helm, with crew behind?   Or player at ops?   It's more an aesthetic game thing of which position feels right/better as ingame choice...

EDIT:  added pic (screenshot006) to show quickbattle view from ops seat...

Offline leemason

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »
I think the player at ops then you can look around the bridge if your at the helm you would be just looking out of the window. Maybe when its ready for testing we could have the two options to see which is best ingame. Abit like you did with the runabout bridge where you got different scripts with the model. Looks fantastic though I would have to say personally looks like you best bridge so far :bow:

Offline Morgan

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »
Need some serious practical input from ingame bridge users:  viewscreen works at large size from straight on (needs a few tweaks).  If stick to original plan to have player next to tactical, will need to adjust screen so can see from offcentre but will essentially be same as from helm.  So choice is: player at helm, with crew behind?   Or player at ops?   It's more an aesthetic game thing of which position feels right/better as ingame choice...
In all honesty you can probably set the player at the center in-between ops and tactical and have it look good, therefore allowing Miguel to be at ops.

If that isn't an option I'd put the player at ops though, being at the helm puts you pretty close to the viewscreen and there are almost always issues with being too close to it on any bridge...

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »
wow this is all looking good aside from the texture for the front window, it seems deformed and very ugly at the moment, are you working on this issure lurok?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »
Nice, you know , How when you start on new bridge you are going to loook at t where saffi is going to be!
If possible Place saffi inside the bulkhead in front of OPs , if it is wide enough.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Morgan

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 05:56:26 PM »
it seems deformed and very ugly at the moment, are you working on this issure lurok?
Umm...that's a little harsh dude, especially considering I already mentioned the window issue to Lurok...

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »
soz didnt know that, just voicing my opinion, and i do unerstand that this set is a pain in the ass to get right.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
Umm...that's a little harsh dude, especially considering I already mentioned the window issue to Lurok...
yeah really...   :roll

just voicing my opinion
well you should really think about how you say something might come off as being a bit rude...  
think before posting and imagine yourself on the receiving side; and imagine how you would feel, if something you worked very hard on, and someone says something about it is ugly and asking bluntly if youre working on it...
or say nothing at all if you havent anything positive to say...
also, i think it goes without saying that lurok is quite the expert and does the best he can, so im sure he is quite aware of anything "not exactly right" without needing to be asked about it...

anyway, moving on...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 12:02:54 AM »
would it be possible to stretch the viewscreen to whole window ? right now I can't remember if those tiny bits were transparent :P

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 02:48:29 AM »
Just to clarify on main window:  plan is to have with cutout/booleaned holes in it like studio DF.  At current WIP stage just have the oval one in while i test out viewscreen position etc and assess size etc.   The deformed texture that's currently present in WIP will not be in final release; just the window holes.  

EDIT: some ingame pics of first pass at booleaned front. Both normal state and quickbattle red alert.  Rather than widen windows, which are looking ok at present, I'll probably add some extra detail to merge into sides.  Obviously vertices need some fiddling too.  Rest of work to do before beta is cleaning up textures and lightmaps.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
Looks great! Seems to me that you've pretty well covered cockpits for every small Trek ship

To Boldly Go...Again.