Author Topic: Attention to all artists...  (Read 643 times)

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
Attention to all artists...
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »
I read a journal entry on DeviantArt.com that talks about a major case of art theft on the internet, mainly dealing with people on DeviantArt whose artwork was stolen by this website called Art4Love.com.  The people who ran that site stole tons of other people's work and sold off prints on the internet for prices ranging from a couple hundred to a thousand dollars.

The only reason I'm posting this here is because I know some people here on BCC also have DA accounts and post some render work there.  If you want to know if any of your artwork was stolen, feel free to look through the screenshots taken of the site before it was deactivated.

DA Journal: http://deviantvicky.deviantart.com/journal/  Look for the journal entry entitled Ripped Off by Chad Love Lieberman.

http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/Kafai/art4love/  This link takes you to an album that documents all the work stolen by Chad Love Lieberman and his partner.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: Attention to all artists...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:42:12 AM »
That dude deserves to be gutted and crispified.  Then we should take pictures and sell those. :evil:

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:18:03 AM »
My idea was to have him castrated on camera and sell it on the net.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:24:31 AM »
I've been through THIS before.  it caused a giant exodus of artists at the time.  the dim-bulb that got caught doing it, though, was busted in his own home town for something else (like Al capone).
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:38:42 AM »
It just goes to show that anything on the web is open to grab, steal and plagiarise.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:44 AM »
Castration is a form of gutting.  And post-crispification, we can sell pictures and a hot dog. :evil

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 01:32:44 PM »
What. The. F*CK.
I doubt ive been victimized by this, because i dont have much on my DA, but damn dude, i feel really sorry for those that were.
i say sue the snot out of him till hes BEYOND poverty, hang him by his toes in the middle of times square, and let EVERYONE who has a DA account take a stab at him with the dullest, rustiest spoon that can be found, and then piss in the wounds.

F*cking asstard.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15