Author Topic: BCSuperMod3 balance issue  (Read 784 times)

Offline Shander

• Cookies: 0
BCSuperMod3 balance issue
« on: September 17, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »
Greetings everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to write this, so please move this topic to a proper place if necessary.

So, as it says in the title, I have a problem with BCSuperMod3. I've read that this is a very nice mod for people who want something new in the SP campaign. That said I wanted to give it a try.

I was really surprised that in the QB all ships went down so easily and could turn so fast (Galaxy Class ship spinning like a Defiant is rather odd view). I thought to myself that this is probably to make fights more "realistic" (as seen in series). This however resulted in unmanagable situations during the campaign.

In first major fight (with Romulans, while defending the Sovereign) I keep loosing because RanKuf is obliterated before I can fire a single shot!

There are dozen of missions where you need to protect an instalation or a ship that is under attack, so not being able to even get there (aka intercept) in time kind of ruins the game for me.

Just to be sure that I'm not doing something wrong:
I basically installed the mod accordingly to this guide: http://bridgecommander.wikidot.com/single-player-modding and to the readme file in BCSuperMod3;

1. Clear install of BC
2. Patch it to 1.1
3. Install the BCUT (I tried BCMP + BCMI but they seems to be obsolete right now, just as BCMSC)
4. Install the Foundation from BCUT (basic version)
5. Run the BC_PREPARE.exe from BCSuperMod3 directory
6. Run the BC_PREPARE.bat file from BC directory (had to change the paths manually because I didn't installed BC in default directory)
7. Run the BCSuperMod3.exe

I played on Captain difficulty with all Mutators on (besides stock ships and stock worlds)

I'm sorry if what I wrote sounds like bashing the mod creator - I didn't mean that. However I'm really curious is it intentional or did I done something wrong.

Cheers!

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: BCSuperMod3 balance issue
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:03:10 PM »
Many people find the SuperMod hard also this was intentional I believe.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 01:24:58 AM »
BC_PREPARE.exe? Wow, that sounds evil

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:28:46 AM »
CR and I designed it to clean out any stock files that interfered with the Supermod.  Believe me, it is a lot easier than his original plan which was to give the user a huge list of files to delete manually.

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:22:33 AM »
uhm, you need to delete Stock scripts?

Offline Shander

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 05:36:41 AM »
Many people find the SuperMod hard also this was intentional I believe.
Well, hard is not what I meant. I like the chalange, don't get me wrong, but some fights are just impossible to win. And that is not because lack of my skill, but rather the scenario settings I do not have influence on.

Anyway, if you guys designed it that way, there is no point for further discussion.

Thanks for clearing that out.

Cheers!

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 11:40:38 AM »
OK. I'm going to lock this thread down then and move it to solved.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign