Author Topic: HEEEEEEELLLPP!!!!  (Read 337 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
HEEEEEEELLLPP!!!!
« on: October 07, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »
yeah BIG PROBLEM.
my quad core has suddenly stopped loading into windows, it gets to a black screen with the cursor then does 1 of 2 things, it either repeats the loop or it gets to the same stage, then just cuts the feed to the screen and freezes up, i cant launch any safe modes, boot from last working or start normally...

I'm running windows vista ultimate (actually the extreme edition college adaptation but registers as ultimate)

WTF IS HAPPENING HERE?!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: HEEEEEEELLLPP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
my computer did this when the motherboard died, there may be a faulty connection somewhere.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »
i doubt its the motherboard thats died, but i have checked everything hardware wise, i managed to find my install disk and get a system restore underway, its finishing now, who knows if it'll work *checks screen* **** it didnt.... "cannot create file when file already exists" (0x80070087) wtf?  ugh ive got alot of work to do here.....short of deleting my install, which i dont wanna do.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 08:13:23 PM »
ok i fixed it, i ran system restore twice in the same session, even though it said there was an error, it had restored the system back to functionality (thank god), though i still have no clue how this problem even happened....

anyways, jimmy can you please lock this thread? and throw it in the forum archives? (-figure out the reference)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »
I think your display drivers went to the fritz lol
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.