Author Topic: Request: Cloaking Enterprise and Maquis Raider  (Read 685 times)

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
Request: Cloaking Enterprise and Maquis Raider
« on: November 13, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
Hello. Simple little request for the TOS Enterprise with cloak from 'The Enterprise Incident' and the Maquis Raider. I know there is already a Maquis Raider on BCfiles, but it doesn't show up in my game. If requests are shunned, well can someone instruct me on how to give an existing model a cloak? Cheers.

B5
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Request: Cloaking Enterprise and Maquis Raider
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »
first, it's rude to ask for requests (admin can clarify)

2nd a cloak can be added to a TOS prise, and the maquis Raider has been added to the latest Kobabyashi Maru
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 12:27:29 PM »
You can add it via Model Property Editor which you can find in Tools folder of Bridge Commander SDK http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Bridge_Commander_SDK;2455

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:12:32 AM »

2nd a cloak can be added to a TOS prise, and the maquis Raider has been added to the latest Kobabyashi Maru

At least he acknowledges that Requests may be against the rules.  Give him some credit for that.

And second, at least he asked afterwards if someone could help him do it himself.

Third:  B5:  To add a ship in game you either need BCUT or Python, Python would be the harder way to do it, BCUT is an excellent tool to add ships in game.  And there are tutorials that come with it IIRC (If I'm wrong USS Sov you can correct me!)

And to clarify what KCS Said, yes it is against the rules for anyone to ask for requests as Modders are generally busy with their work.  It's actually not in the rulebook (Jimmy I think that should be added my friend LOL), but it is inforced here.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Commander_One

• Chief of Operations, USS Bo Jangles
  • Cookies: 8
  • Peace and Long Life...Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 02:12:11 AM »

I don't agree with his question as being rude.  I feel when a person is sincere in a request and not demanding, I don't think they should be shot down so quickly like a lot of instances on this site.  A cloak can be added to any ship you have in your game.  B5,  if you will email me your hardpoint py. file, I can add your cloak to your Maquis Raider and send the file back to you in return.  brtaylor2010@gmail.com

Peace and Long Life...Live Long and Prosper!

commander_one

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 03:47:55 AM »
I don't agree with his question as being rude.  I feel when a person is sincere in a request and not demanding, I don't think they should be shot down so quickly like a lot of instances on this site.  A cloak can be added to any ship you have in your game.  B5,  if you will email me your hardpoint py. file, I can add your cloak to your Maquis Raider and send the file back to you in return.  brtaylor2010@gmail.com

Peace and Long Life...Live Long and Prosper!

commander_one

Yes this may be true but a lot of modders here are busy with their own work.  So it's because of that that there is an unspoken rule about requests.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »
Yes this may be true but a lot of modders here are busy with their own work.  So it's because of that that there is an unspoken rule about requests.
That still doesn't make it rude. You can't expect him to have knowledge about an unspoken rule.
The best way to respond is to simply say requests will not be granted here.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 07:52:24 AM »
Or help him understand basics of MPE so he can do it by himself ;) usually works best because with time he will experiment more thus learn more.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
Or help him understand basics of MPE so he can do it by himself ;) usually works best because with time he will experiment more thus learn more.

Agreed with Bones, 1DeadlySAMURAI and Commander_One. I've given cookies to each and every one of you for actually providing a helpful response, rather than just saying "This is rude. Don't do it.". Also given B5 a cookie, for being courteous in his request.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Morgan

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
OKAY so getting back to this guys request for help:

As mentioned adding a cloaking device is easy, and can be done in the MPE or BCUT.  Honestly though, as long as you're careful, Notepad will suffice and you'll be done in 10 seconds.

Open up your TOS Enterprise hardpoint in notepad and scroll down to the last set of text before this function:

Code: [Select]
# Property load function.
def LoadPropertySet(pObj):

Now, you'll want to copy and paste the following code into your TOS Enterprise hardpoint from any other hardpoint that uses a cloaking the device (the Defiant or Bird of Prey for example)

#################################################
CloakingDevice = App.CloakingSubsystemProperty_Create("Cloaking Device")

CloakingDevice.SetMaxCondition(3000.000000)
CloakingDevice.SetCritical(0)
CloakingDevice.SetTargetable(1)
CloakingDevice.SetPrimary(1)
CloakingDevice.SetPosition(0.000000, 0.250000, 0.000000)
CloakingDevice.SetPosition2D(71.000000, 55.000000)
CloakingDevice.SetRepairComplexity(3.000000)
CloakingDevice.SetDisabledPercentage(0.600000)
CloakingDevice.SetRadius(0.030000)
CloakingDevice.SetNormalPowerPerSecond(400.000000)
CloakingDevice.SetCloakStrength(300.000000)
App.g_kModelPropertyManager.RegisterLocalTemplate(CloakingDevice)

And now for the last step:  Locate this in your Defiant/BoP hardpoint (will be towards the bottom below the first code set I posted):

prop = App.g_kModelPropertyManager.FindByName("Cloaking Device", App.TGModelPropertyManager.LOCAL_TEMPLATES)
if (prop != None):
pObj.AddToSet("Scene Root", prop)

Now paste that into your TOS Enterprise hardpoint at the bottom.  If you did everything correctly then you'll have a cloaking TOS Enterprise.  Very easy.  Let me know if you need any more help.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »
That still doesn't make it rude. You can't expect him to have knowledge about an unspoken rule.
The best way to respond is to simply say requests will not be granted here.

I turn your guys attention to my very first post in this thread.  I never once said it was rude.  As a matter of fact I agree it wasn't rude at all which is what I was trying to convey in that last post!!!

Jeez give a guy who can't properly word his feelings a break :P

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 12:03:19 AM »

Agreed Bones. :thumbsup:

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,7529.0.html

I use Nero's method most of the time myself when adding a system, just whatever you prefer.

The child boards are always a good place to start when you have any questions about anything. A real good resource there.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 07:30:01 AM »
Unless it is a minor change like change a number, I preferr MPE, to many time Ive accidently removed a ( and then everything for the ship ceases to function [them little syntax errors get you every time]. But Neros does have an advantage, you don't have to load all the stuff of MPE.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?