Author Topic: how do i hardpoint a ship that can detect cloaked ships?  (Read 369 times)

Offline FlowrellikX

• Cookies: 1
how do i hardpoint a ship that can detect cloaked ships?
« on: December 17, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »
How do I hardpoint a ship that can actually detect cloaked ships? I wanted to give starships with an Oberth Science pod that ability if u know what I mean.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
RE: how do i hardpoint a ship that can detect cloaked ships?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
Detecting cloaked ships sadly has nothing to do with the Hardpoint. The only way to do that is via scripting.
There are already certain mods which do something like Cloak Detect.
Eg.:
   - The BCS - The Beginning mod includes an "Intensive scan" ability which lets the Player find (with a fail chance, i think) cloakers.

- KobMaru features the Blind-fire Option (I'm not sure if there is a standalone mod of that)

- There is a nice "Seeker Torpedo" Script available on BCfiles which simulates the Torpedo Bones and Spock adjusted in ST6
      (There is a variant of this Seeker Torpedo script included in the last KM, with a Restriction of which Ships can use it,
      so maybe this is the closest to what you are looking for)

-Oh, the DS9FX features 3 dominion Bugs with the ability to detect cloaked ship, on the other side of the Wormhole. I'm not sure how they did that,
    but you could try to look into that.

Those are all I remember at the moment.

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
Re: how do i hardpoint a ship that can detect cloaked ships?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:06:40 PM »
If using KM you can scan when your Dominion or Federation.
Federation: The more ships the better, cloak ship must be inside the fed ships
Dom: Cloaked ship must be in front of ship.

There is only a random chance that it does work.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: RE: how do i hardpoint a ship that can detect cloaked ships?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 06:16:41 PM »
Oh, the DS9FX features 3 dominion Bugs with the ability to detect cloaked ship, on the other side of the Wormhole. I'm not sure how they did that, but you could try to look into that.
That ability I believe is hard coded into DS9FX and only works in the Idran system.